January 8, 2007

Another day at work

Three good things happen to me today. One, I found out that I get monthly handphone allowance, secondly the claim per mileage is 55 cents (which is much better than the place I worked before) and finally I received my temporary laptop (yeah... I know... but I've no complains).

It's already past 7pm and the office is very, very quiet. There is one person at one end of the office, I'm in the middle and another one on the other end. I'm waiting for Oracle manual to finish downloading (yes DNAS, take that smirk off your face. :-p), so I figured, why not babble a bit in the blog, eh?

I am not in the right mood to talk about feelings and relationships today, so lets stick to work, work, work.

One thing that I dislike most is a bodoh-sombong person. It does not matter what age you are, how vast your experience is, what proprietary certifications you hold (valid or expired), one fact remains, you will need to keep on learning. You're never considered as stupid if you admit you don't know and ask questions. There is no point telling people that you know things when you don't, because at the end of the day it will come back to you.

I know, we meet this type of people in all walks of life. You can never run away from people like this. The dangerous part is that they might stab you in the back, which sadly, most often than not happens. I've seen this happened to my friends and I was in fact at one time a victim to such predator. And that was in my early years in the professional field of IT. Sad, but true.

Anyway, how do you work with these type of people? How do you clean up the mess that these people left behind? And how do you handle future encounters with these people because you can't run away from working clsoely with them so long as they are on the payroll?

Let me know what you think. My documents have finished downloading. I'm going back now. Take care everyone.

2 comments:

D.N.A.S said...

kite pun ada good news! Hubby kite dapat Sony Vaio for his project. So, kite le yang joli kan... muahahahahah...
Selamat study Oracle documentations ye!

Hajar said...

wah wah.... seronok nyer!! hehe...
kite dapat laptop cap pudica jer la kakak oiii... mana nak dpt cap lain. but not bad la actually.. hehe..

iskk... anytime i get stuck with oracle, i can ask u right? hehe..