November 23, 2006

How's the floor today?

If you're amongst the regulars, you would've been to this Madame's cyber home. And if you've followed her harangue, you would know that she's the Goddess of Cleanliness. There is definitely nothing wrong with that. In fact I'm in total agreement one hundred and one percent!

So let me now tell you my story of attacking the floor and bontot kuali full force.

I inherit the obessesive for shiny kuek kuok (the sound u made when you draw a V on a just-washed plate) from my Mom. She taught me that toilets should be washed every day. Even if you're washing it without detergent, you have to ensure you do it everytime when you're in the shower. As a result, I'm obsessed to having clean toilets everyday, anywhere.

Her pots and pans are shiny. If you had every mirror in the house broken, you can be sure you'll find reflective entities in my mother's kitchen. So, you can still get your hair done and made the time for that date. No worries there. You can sleep in the kitchen. You just need a pillow and you're good to go to the Dream Land on the kitchen floor. There's no lingering smell of belacan or oil.


So I need my kitchen to be clean too. After every cooking session the floor has to be wiped at least. The stove has to be void of spilled oil or sprinkled chilli paste. Once I tried to scrub the wok to no avail. Apparently, as my mum put it, it's a cheap one, so the oil stained will not be so easily disposed. Since I was not the one who bought it, I could not spank myself for being stingy. Muahaha... These days I stick with the pan which is healthier too, as it require less oil.

I once thought to myself, if I have the means, I'll have wall-to-wall carpet for my house. But, further thoughts made me cringe inwardly with the idea. Reason? Imagine the particles that get accumulated in between. Scary stuff.

So, Kakak, I understand what you're going through day-in, day-out. The never-ending war with smudges, spots and spills. The quest for squeaky, shiny, reflective surface. I feel you, madame, I do.

3 comments:

Queens City said...

i want the pink color....

Hajar said...

i want the blue..

Nazrah Leopolis said...

ya rabbi..apa aje adikku cerita ni..