January 14, 2011

Counting Down

The idea is to have the baby cot and the dresser with space for changing on top. Just like the picture below:

luxury-kids-nursery-ideas

Although in this picture, the items are a bit on the luxurious side… What I have in mind is more… subtle. Simple yet functional. We do not have a room to be designated as the nursery, so we have to re-arrange the things in our room to accommodate one extra occupant. ;-)

Tomorrow we will start staying at my parents’. Next Friday is my follow up check-up. Hopefully the good doctor will give me rest day at home for the next week. I have a feeling that Baby A will arrive very soon. And I’m finding carrying a laptop, just to walk from the car park to the building is a chore. When it rains, I cannot even move faster! Not only because I fear I might slip, but also because I just can’t move faster! Ha ha ha…

Two more big items to purchase are stroller and car seat.We’ve been scouting around, but we have not made up our minds yet. In fact, we plan to look at options tomorrow at the Baby Fair in Midvalley. But, I think it’s best that we don’t go. The Hubby is a bit under the weather, and I’d rather him be fully recovered than to walk around malls.

At work, it seems like other people are more concern that I’m still working than my own boss. Although he did say earlier this week to make sure I don’t start labouring in Putrajaya. And my so called TL, is piling up work for me everyday. Sometimes, I think he has a vendetta against me. Once, several months back, he said I complain too much these days when I told him that the chairs in the server room is causing me back ache! And I told him, it’s the affect of pregnancy as I need better support for my back. I also, innocently, asked him, “Didn’t you notice your wife’s condition while she was pregnant?” I think I got him there and he kept mum.

Haih. Some people, eh? Anyway, other than that, everything else is moving well. Tomorrow I’ll be attending another craft workshop with WhimsicalQuirky. Not only that, I’m also purchasing the tutorial kit for a different workshop. I’m trying to learn as much as I can within this short period of time. Hopefully I can be useful during the confinement. Not sure how much free time I’ll have, but it’s just preparation. No harm in preparing, right?

So, these are the happenings while counting down to D-day. Please pray for us. I’m praying and hoping that everything will go smoothly and naturally, insyaAllah!

No comments: