November 26, 2010

Prepare and prepare…

I have read that it is important to have a birth plan. This is like preparing a project plan! Ha ha ha…

According to BabyCentre.com, a birth plan is a way of communicating with the midwives and doctors who care for you in labour. Basically it tells people in the labour room whether or not you need drugs to alleviate the pain, or whether you want episiotomy or not, etc. It’s all about what kind of labour and delivery you’re expecting. The reason behind preparing this plan is because during the heat of the moment, you and your husband, will not be able to remember on small little things that seem important to the both of you. You will be too focus on the incoming addition.

I am not sure if such thing is being practiced in Tawakal Hospital, or even in Malaysia in general. But I will surely ask my doctor during my next check-up.

My next check-up will be on 9th December. I will be about 30 or 31 weeks then. Wowsers! That’s a huge number and cutting it very close, eh? I have arranged to attend pre-natal class on the 4th of December. That’s next week, and I’m excited! I will be attending the class in KPJ Selangor after reading good reviews about the class, conducted by a Pn Faridah. I will certainly write my own review regarding this class to share with you.

I know some people feel that reading books on pregnancy and childbirth, or attending pre-natal classes are time wasters. Some people even go to the extend you should just tawakal and berserah pada Allah SWT. While I agree that the ultimate is for Him to decide, He did say that we need to do all we can to our utmost capabilities. And secondly, I do not like to go into new things unknowing.

If you read the pregnancy books, they all tell you the same thing; every pregnancy is different, no two pregnancy is the same. Not even to the same woman. So there you go. I believe in being prepared on everything that we do, and not walk blindly into the unknown. During our mothers’ days, it was different. Back then, they do not have access to vast information like we do. So, we make use of what we have to our advantage. Learn as much as we can and then leave it to Allah SWT for the final say. For He will not forsaken people who have done their best to achieve a better state. Believe in that.

My good friend Momster is closing in to her D-day. I pray she’ll be fine and have a successful delivery to a healthy Baby H. All the best babe!

images

2 comments:

The Momster said...

Thanxomuch Jade! I'm sure it's much more exciting for you... enjoy the prenatal class and ask as many qs as u can... mean time, I need to read up on pushing and breathing techniques... hahahaha...

JuE said...

nice topic..=)