May 3, 2010

At Work Today

I am now enforcing comment moderation. Please don’t let this de-motivate you from commenting. I have noticed these past weeks that I am getting spam comments from weird sources. Upon translating the comments using free translation tool, my jaw dropped, because it refers to some naked, nude and ill websites. Hah! I shall not be one of the agents! So, comment moderation it is. I am fine with no feedbacks from my readers (hopefully I at least have those) but comments of this nature are totally unwelcome in Looneypuff’s dream world. If I need to see actions, I now have The Hubby to refer to. Ehem.

So, what am I going to babble about today? Few things happened up to the moment I decided to put in the comment moderation today. So, I am going to choose to talk about WORK today. It is a never-ending story.

 When I arrived to the site today and checked my email, I received an instruction to perform a task. Which I’m elated to do, except for the fact, not enough information is being provided. So I called up related people to get clarification on the matter. When words began to form shapes in my mind (I do mind map in my mind, apparently) it occurred to me that the task was independent of the server or the database. All that is required, are the script, the list and the moderation files. Three files. And a shell script container. And voila! you can run the script.

So, the problem is that, I only have the list. While the moderation file is back in the office. As I said, I am at the site. So, I requested the related person to copy the HUGE sized moderation file into the external hard disk and put the disk on my table. Since the script is independent and I am going to the office tomorrow, I shall do it then. To which the related person who is the Project Manager for this project said, “Oh, in that case, you send me the list and I ask them to execute it in the office today, lah”.

I seriously don’t have an issue with that. My geram state is because, this activity could be completed since two weeks ago maybe? But it’s as if no plans are being made. It’s like, do the activity when you remember to do it. Hmmm… And these people call themselves “managers”. And shall I say, proudly, signing emails with the position. Or exclaimed loudly that they are “managers”. Haiyaaaa…

In this new era there is such thing as sucking up to the boss. There is such thing as double-standard in the office. There is STILL exist the so called “big boys club”. Yes, I am idealistic. But I support when you reward people because they deserve it, not because you feel like it. Is that being idealistic or just plain honest? And I do realise that expecting honesty in day to day life is just the same as being idealistic. Well, we are the ones who make the choices. So, if we choose to be ideal, then there’s no reason to have the “idealistic” term at all!

No, I am not angry, Just a little miffed. You have not seen me angry yet. It is ugly. Anyway, these days, I see the job as a mean to an end. It pays the bill. I believe the path that I am on, has been determined by The Almighty because of the choices that I made in the past. And for every choice that I made there are rewards and there are lessons. This is part of the lesson. And when the time is right, when the state is at its equilibrium, I will be given choices again. And when that happens, a new path is set for me, and new rewards and lessons will be waiting for me. sb10069450f-002
I am totally accepting my every day experience as a way to remind me to be closer to God. If I have everything now, I might not remember him, right? So, TIME and PATIENCE. I have to learn to be more patient. And this current job? It’s just another set of rewards and lessons. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 comment: