April 25, 2010

When you just want to learn

I do not know if it's some kind of modus operandi for our preachers (ustazs and imams) out there; that is to be condescending and judgmental with dashes of holier-than-thou attitude. I don't think it's anyone's prerogative to say whether a person is under Allah's grace or not. We only see the physical representation of one's relationship with the Creator, but we do not see what's unseen; what's inside the person's heart. We have no rights whatsoever to determine whether one's amal and ibadah are accepted by Allah.


We really should stop being judgmental.


Our preachers need to change tactics so that they will be able to attract more people to do what's right. People these days are thinkers. They don't just follow blindly anymore. Give the people some credit and have respect towards them, even if their knowledge is lesser.


I do agree that we should educate people to stop or at least to watch less of Akademi Fantasia, Raja Lawak and whatever similar programs. These shows do not enrich us in anyway except maybe make the little ones wish they are singers themselves. 


Earlier today Mak told me what happened on Friday to my brother. He just came back home and was closing the house gate. A school bus full with primary school kids passed by and my brother smiled. One of the kids showed his middle finger to my brother just like that. What kind of reaction is THAT?! A smile is replied with rude gestures. What are we teaching kids these days?


I guess it's time to change tactics. Don't you?

No comments: