April 15, 2010

April Reads

Recently, I find myself reaching books with different genre than before. Today, I bought two new books:

The first; just because I see the need to enrich myself spiritually, constantly. Just a personal journey towards knowing and understanding the Almighty. The side benefit, insyaAllah, I get to learn my part, the reason I am put into this world.

As for the second book, I heard about Natrah for years and never understood what really went down those years. I also never took the opportunity to dig in more and along the way it was just forgotten. While queuing to pay for the first book, I saw this one and decided, what better way to learn more... So I did.

As I said, the genre of the books that I read have changed. As such, it takes longer to read. Because these books are not just to fill up time but also a learning process. And in the midst of it, comprehension has to set it and to allow that to happen, I have to give it time. Books now make me have debate with myself while cross-referencing other sources as well. How time changes.

I picked up a book in my husband's room when we were in Kuching last weekend and was told it belongs to my sister-in-law. It's entitled The Manny by a socialite named Holly Patterson. I finished the book within three days. It was entertaining and yet pretentious.

I remember those days saying that I read only for pleasure. I cannot say the same now. Because the books that used to leave me satisfied just do not have the same effect on me anymore. Lately I seek more value in the things that I read.

Lately, I seek values in everything that I do. And that's another reason why the current work environment no longer satisfy my needs. Humbly, insyaAllah, I have become a grown up.

PS: Book cover snapshot taken from respective linked sites

No comments: