April 27, 2010

Mashed Potato with Black Pepper Beef

I decided to cook yesterday evening. I wanted to savour spices, but I did not want to eat rice, so I decided to make mashed potato.  


Mashed Potato
Boil one potato with one carrot (chopped).
Once tender, mash together.
Season with salt and pepper.


Black Pepper Beef
I purchase the pre-packed beef sliced for stir fry.
Prep beef with grounded black pepper, salt, sweet soy sauce, ginger slices. 
Stir fry garlic and onion in hot oil. 
Add the beef mixture, and cook to your liking. I like the meat soft, so I don't fry them too long. 
Add just a little water, because the meat will release its own liquid. Yummy!

You can also prep the beef together with the garlic and onion. And dump everything into hot oil.


Serve
Place the mashed potato in the middle of the plate.
Top with the black pepper beef and it's gravy. Generously.
Garnish with grilled capsicum, tomato and asparagus on top. A la 5-star serving.


So, that's it. No picture, sorry about that. You just have to use your imagination. He He He...

1 comment:

The Momster said...

sounds yummy! everything sounds so yummy to me now... hahaha...