June 7, 2009

Say what? Who?

So, few people have started asking me; "Who's your maid of honor?". Honestly, I never thought about it, but I'm suddenly caught off guard. Frankly, there is none. I mean, a maid of honor would mean, this person will be there all the way before, through out and probably just after the W-day right? At this juncture, I don't see anyone who fits the bill.

Sure I have lots of girlfriends. I even have a few who I considered my "bestest friends in the whole wide world" (quoting Tommy of Rugrats when he describes Chucky). But, I couldn't expect them to carry the title, if it's any honour to carry so, because they all have their own commitments. Outside the bestest circle, I'm afraid they might feel insulted to be asked. Don't ask me why.


CapalPerak had asked me the other day the same question. His best man was already determined years ago. So, I wonder, am I such a sad pathetic soul, that I couldn't even name one person just like that who would be my maid of honour?

This person has to be able to tell me to breathe when I'm hyperventilating (like what happened during my engagement day). She should be able to re
mind me the things that I probably misplaced or forgot to order. She would be my shadow, basically, within the days close to the W-day. And she will also be there with me, when I fly some hundred miles away from KL to visit the other site. Most importantly she will be the one who hand me a glass of water when I start to choke on emotions, re-arrange my veil and clothes so that I look my most beautiful on my day, speak words of encouragement when my heart beats too fast. She will be my practical conscious self, when my feet feels numb and not touching the ground.


Well, there you go. Walk-in and apply within.

1 comment:

D.N.A.S said...

Maid Of Honour? Itu tugasan yang sangat mencabar.

BTW, you've been tagged. Lalalala.... please check it out at my blog. Yeay!