June 23, 2009

Adventures of a Mrs-To-Be 1

Last Saturday, an outing with Mel found ourselves ogling the items in SSF, one after another. Somehow, during the ogling session, we decided that some of the things that I earlier decided on purchasing will be done by ourselves.

I foresee busy days ahead. But I'm all for it. I want this to be memorable. And I want it to be meaningful. What would be more apt than making it happen on my own, right? I already have ideas for the dais. I asked for few quotes, and the simplest but nice options are all highly priced.

During lunch hour today, I managed to acquire some items that will already complete two of the nine gifts I am to give. I hope he will like it. He he he... I also browsed another item, which I did not think to give before, but somehow feel that I should. I managed to just "browse" and not grab it straight away. (Silent YEAY!) I think I should wait for this one. :-D

Ideas are flowing out of my head non-stop. I admit, I am not the most creative person on earth, but I know what I want.I was told that my gifts presentation during the engagement ceremony was too simple compared to the ones given to me. But, I love what I did, and I love the simplicity-no-fuss about it. And I believe that's what matters most. How I feel, and not what everyone else think. :-D My future father-in-law even used the bases as a picture base and put them on the wall in their home, so what more gratifying credentials do I need?

Somehow, in these couple of months, I have learnt to take into account the opinion that lifts me up and enhance my self esteem. I have learnt, although sometimes still hurt, to take the opposites with a pinch of salt.

The contractor who did my room, did not do as I wanted, because she thinks she knows better. So, she painted the room with bright colours when I wanted darker shades. Now my room looks like marshmallow and candy. Everytime I step into the room it will feel as if I step into a Barbie's movie. So now, I have to change the design that I planned for the room. I do not want to get into fight with her because my mother considers her as a sister. Though I doubt she thinks the same. Yes, I'm bitter that way. Hati belum cukup suci. My heart is not pure enough to think well of everyone. After all, it's all about money. It brings dark clouds when one talks about money.

Anyway, coming back to more fun matters... Mel sent me the design she made for the dais. It looks 90% like mine. I guess it's a good idea to decide to this with her, since she adds spices to my otherwise "simple" design. He he he... I can't wait to go and buy all the things we need to create this fantasy of mine. Mel was so excited when we talked about it last weekend, and I realised that this is the kind of vibes that I should surround myself with. It makes me happier. :-p

I have, I hope, completed the necessary document for the other thing we're planning. I sincerely hope and solemnly pray that it will go well. So many things to do suddenly!

Whatever it is, I want to maintain this momentum and state. Happy. Happy. Happy. Blurgh... I'm kinda disgusted with myself now. Ha ha ha....

3 comments:

D.N.A.S said...

Pelamin nak buat sendiri? Itu macam kalu, kitorang kena strike 50 poses depan pelamin setiap seorang. Baru le berbaloi.... hehehehe

Hajar said...

ala.. pelamin kecik kat rumah... :-)

Anonymous said...

glad you are starting to enjoy yourself on the wedding prep! :)