June 22, 2008

When the Honeymoon is Over...

Almost every blog I read these days have relationships as their latest post. It would be either the blog owner's own experiences or a person who is close to the owner. And majority of these posts have one thing in common, trouble on cloud nine.

While it is inevitable that a relationship will definitely have its share of ups and downs, one most important thing to remember is the first time your heart kicked itself when you saw that person you're in relationship at the moment. When you are able to remember this, you will be able to remember why you're with the person to begin with. Maybe it's the smile, or the way he or she turn to look at you, maybe it's the eyes, maybe even the way the person talks to you.

Remembering these feelings will help you to react positively to the conflict at hand. It will also help you not to say things that you might regret later and have added troubles on top of whatever is going on. I know it sounds cliche, but I can tell from my personal experience, it helps.

Having said that, addressing the conflict should be a win-win situation. Always have in mind that what you want to do is to resolve the issue. Therefore, there shouldn't be any finger-pointing. While yours truly sometimes get carried away and ending up sounding as if I'm blaming the other half, it helps to quickly shut the trap. And well, apologise for being unfair.

I am not the best person to give advice about relationships, but what I know, I learnt from my own experiences and mistakes. Sometimes, in silence, you're able to convey your hurt feelings without saying anything. BUT, your other half must be someone who's already in tune with your antics, otherwise this silent mode will backfire. The best way to solve any conflict is by communicating. And, when you communicate, do it positively so that both parties can grow from the experience.

With that, I end my Aunt Agony session.

By the way, I am experiencing Vista now. I will in time give my opinion on it. Hmmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i really like the blog title... :-p