June 9, 2008

My Weekend Experience

For the first time in my life, I spent my nights in the hospital. Last weekend, to be exact. Not as a patient, but to accompany my beloved Momma.

Mak has been down with fever since almost two weeks back. Her temperature went up and down. After several visit to the neighbourhood clinic and a trip to the ER which lasted for 4 hours, we decided to go to GH. Although the blood screening was normal and so was Mak's BP and pulse, the doctor decided to put her under observation because of the fever.

That night, she was under IV, 3 bottles of 'em. The following morning, her temperature returned to almost normal and she felt better. She was weak the past week and almost confined to bed all the time. Last night my brother relieved me from my night shift so that I can come to work today. This morning, when I talked to her over the phone, she sounded very much like my mother back that I almost cried.

Today they are doing another blood test. We're hopeful that she'll be discharged either today evening or tomorrow.

Friends, please make dua for my mother for her speedy full recovery.

As for my experience sleeping in the hospital, it's totally tiring. You sleep late and you wake up very early. I wonder what they term as "patient needs to rest" when they last check the BP at 11 at night and as early as 5:30am. And, don't get me started with the nurses' attitude. Some of them, that is. Haih.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope ur mum will be ok soon...
insya-alalh

The Momster said...

my doa is with your family. take care!