March 16, 2008

What I Learnt Last Week...

Last Tuesday and Wednesday, every single person in my department, including yours truly attended an interesting course. The course topic, something that has been around for more than 20 years, is NLP. Neuro Linguistic Programming.

What this course taught us, was simply that. To (re)program our brain.

Frankly, this course just elaborate more on what Abah has been telling my brothers and I all these years. Ever since we were cheeky kids. Everything is in the MIND. We are no longer kids, but we're still cheeky by the way. He he he...

The best part of the program was that you're able to see changes to yourself immediately. Moi, being one of the optimistic and positive (cheeewaaahhh) people around, of course, sailed through the two days effortlessly.

Interesting enough, this topic, since it jives properly with me, made me realise that I can do more for the people around me. I even mentioned to the trainer, that if there is a chance to work with her, I will. And guess what, the reply was most promising since she's building a team.

Anyway, to cut the story short, NLP teaches you to discover what you truly want and need and help you to achieve it, in your own way. It also teaches you the skills that is valuable to have when communicating with other people, negotiating and dealing with difficult situation.

If some of you have read about NLP, you would've been made known that some people consider NLP is unethical, just because when applied correctly, you'd be able to influence people to your way of thinking. Suggestive words and actions, which many people feel manipulative.

End of the day, if you really think about it, we are being manipulated everyday. So the fact that through NLP you're able to recognise the patterns that are associated with suggestive language, will help you to get through your live the way you want. Without being manipulated by external agents, and end up getting that mechanical screw driver eventhough you've never done any D-I-Y job!

To me, the two days were very fruitful. I also learnt the best way to relax and wind down. 20 minutes a day is all it takes to recharge and be absolutely fresh! Not only the skills will help me in my work, it certainly will assist me in my relationship with myself and my loved ones!

And you know what, applying the little skills that I've learned, I was able to be more productive in the gym that day and score in what turns out to be the most unusual job interview I've ever had!

I will certainly find other opportunities to train myself in NLP. Who knows, one day, I might be visiting your offices to guide you on the easiest way to get your people to do the job that you want them to complete by lunch hour, which you gave at 10am, and they will still be at good terms with you!

By the way, I just found a good site that gives great tips with regards to NLP. Hop to SALAD. Have fun reading and practicing!

1 comment:

D.N.A.S said...

Jade,
tolong email me the trainer's contact number/email. I'd like to recommend this course to my HR manager.

I found so many people here are in need to reprogram their brains.