March 17, 2008

Consequences...

Ever since I understand that my tomorrow is determined by what I do today, Abah has always told me that for my every action, there will be consequences; both good and bad. He equate that notion by telling a metaphor about picking up a stick. A stick has two ends, equate those two ends with one side for the good, one side for the bad, and the stick as an action, you'll get the meaning.

I've been receiving a lot of emails. A lot of talks, a lot of speculation. Coincidently, my brother sent me a link to a very refreshing article, returned by the famous Perlis Mufti. So, here, I advise you, whom I consider as friends to read it and digest it. He is not an empty barrel, making loud noises, what he wrote, should be read by Malaysians, mainly the Muslims. Please, do yourselves a favour, READ.

I apologise, I could not understand hatred or maybe dislike that a lot of my people are relaying. They are becoming too engrossed with certain leaders, until they might be worshiping these leaders blindly. Agreeing with everything they say, anywhere, every time. It is certainly sadder, when these followers are, by their own rights, intellectuals.

There is nothing wrong to want to change the country to the better. In fact, that's great! That means we care. But in the process, should we behave as the other side behaved? Should we in the end act the way we initially opposed of the other end acting? Why the hypocrisy? Will an uncorrupted government be just another lip service too?

What I do not want is to see us fighting each other. It's not too late to walk hand in hand, together rebuilding the nation as what we want. There is no reason do finger-point when in fact we have managed to let things grow to what it is all these years.

I agree to equal opportunities in education because after all our generation are all made in Malaysia. You get what I mean. I agree to other equal opportunities, because everyone deserves the right to get ahead. Having said that, respect towards each other should not be diminished.

Favoritism, it will always be there. When you're at a certain influential position, you would want to make sure people who are closer to you get ahead, live a better life. That is just natural. What is not fair, is when someone who is more qualified is denied his or her chance. We cannot help ourselves to make sure our family or friends get the best things first. Such is life. Be honest with yourself, and you will see what I', saying is true.

So, I won't be a politician. I don't do lip service. I do not want people to determine where I'm going, what I should do. End of the day, I hope whatever consequences my actions bring, there will be more good than bad. Emak always remind me, do everything with Allah SWT in mind, and insyaAllah, it will be blessed, there will be rahmat. Baru ada barakah.

Just my two cents. DON'T FIGHT.

1 comment:

Lich said...

Jade, I have been following his ceramah and pendapat since the debate he held with Astora Jabat back in 2004 or 2005 (if I'm correct). Infact, I bought the CD of the debate. At the time, he was not yet a Mufti. I have the highest respect for him for holding such debate with Astora, to overcome any confusion among Muslims from issues raised by Astora.

You may wanna read about this link and what Dr Asri thinks of the current new government in the 5 states.

"Pandangan Dr Mohd Asri Zainul Abidin Tentang Kerajaan-Kerajaan Pembangkang Yang Baru Dibentuk"

http://drmaza.com/?p=217