March 31, 2008

Comment ça va?

I've taken up French.

Yes, you read that correctly the first time. I haven't attended any classes yet. I just bought the "Teach Yourself" kit from Borders. So far, I've completed two units, and things are progressing well. I hope I'll stay to the program. He he he...

To whosoever that already speaks French fluently, or also in learning mode, let me know. I need someone to practice with. I'm getting Capal Perak to learn with me. To no avail, so far. Although, he kinda likes it when I showed some dialogues for lovers. Ha ha ha... Man.

Anyway, there is a reason for French. The future patron hinted something along the line. So, I'm answering the call, so to speak. Abah seems happy that I'm taking the initiative to learn a new language. He used to ask me to learn Chinese (a.k.a Mandarin) but I was never able to get pass "ni ho ma - ni ho".

This kit that I'm using has two CDs and the workbook. I'm also using the online resources; the dictionary at www.french-linguistic.co.uk, the translation page at freetranslation.com (not to be taken 100% correct), frenchmalaysia.com (although they haven't been updating the site since maybe 2006), and rocketlanguage.com for the 6 days free package. If you have any other online resources, let me know. I'm also "reading" francegazette.com; as suggested by the kit.

My next purchase will be the French-English dictionary. Owh.. I'm listening to Axelle Red, a Belgian singer. Her voice is very nice. Her song, j t'attends, is one of the homework from frenchmalaysia.com. Interesting. Now I'm listening to another song by her, Sensualite. I like this song. Closer to home. He he he...

Sensualite

Jamais je n'aurais pensé
"Tant besoin de lui"
Je me sens si envoutée
Que ma maman me dit: relentis
Désir ou amour
Tu le sauras un jour

J'aime j'aime
Tes yeux, j'aime ton odeur
Tous tes gestes en doucer
Lentement dirigés
Sensualité
Oh stop un instant
J'aimerais que ce moment
Fixe pour des tas d'années
Ta sensualité

Il paraît qu'aprés quelques temps
La passion s'affaiblit
Pas toujour apparemment
Et maman m'avait dit: relentis
Désir ou amour
Tu le sauras un jour

Je te demande simplement
Ne fais pas semblant
Je t'aimerai encore
Et encore

Desir ou amour

The song is about taking time in falling in love. Not to rush love.

Please pray that my attempt at French will be successful. I really want to learn other languages. Knowing just two, makes me feel left behind. After this, hopefully, Arabic. :-)

By the way, the letter to Pudica has been sent. Kinda sad. Boss sounded sad, looked sad. But life goes on.
"What dreams may come, eh?"

To Sandal Silver, je t'aime encore, toujours. (hopefully I got that right...)



No comments: