August 16, 2007

Breathless!


Last Monday, I was on my way to the gym. The traffic light was red and I was almost late for my yoga class. As I waited for the light to turn green, I observed the people around me. My head stopped turning when I looked to my right to see a man, probably in his early 30s, sitting at the driver's seat in his new grey Camry. The fingers on his left hand are busy moving upwards from his neck to his chin. In fast motion. At first I thought he has this nervous habit where you move part of your body when you're thinking. Then suddenly he looked into his rear view mirror and his right fore finger was tapping on his brow bone, on his forehead. It suddenly downed to me that he was doing a quick face lift!

Vanity is not limited to women these days. With the new era where men are also being concerned how they look, which colour to wear, women have difficulty to differentiate which of them are straight which are not. While we like our men to take care of their hygiene better, we cannot have them having smoother skin or silkier hair. That would be just wrong, eh?

Sometimes, going to the gym is a challenge to your self esteem. Do the men look at you because they find you desirable with your curves and all or do they think "ohmigoat!!". You can't help notice people looking at you as you stand at the counter having your drink, or as you walk from the treadmill to the stepper machine, or as you walk across the vast place towards the studio or just heading to the locker room or heading home. You can feel eyes following your every move.

Taking that as a challenge every time, I work out even harder. I know I can lose weight easily and get the "correct" curves as long as I disciplined myself. I can eat anything, so long as I don't get lazy to move my big @$$. He he he... And being diligent for the past two weeks have started to pay off. My pants starting to get looser now. Isn't that just great?

Anyway, I'm babbling. Next weekend the family is going to Tronoh, my second brother's convocation. I was informed by him that his girlfriend will be "parked" with me so she "won't get bored". Being the great big sis that I am, I agreed. But alamak! She's the goody goody type, and I'm just a nut case!

The following week, if everything goes as plan, another step to the reality in September will be taken. InsyaAllah. And then, that holiday weekend, I will be on duty at PWTC for the 50th Merdeka Day expo. Let's see who I can rub shoulders with this time. And I'm keeping my beloved Cik Putih close to me all the time!

I went to Putrajaya yesterday. I just love the greens and reds and yellows around the building that I went. As I stood by the huge window looking outside towards the Masjeed and the Palace, I took in the beautiful sight and wished for a moment that I was in one of those room; sitting at the desk, taking several minutes break from the huge workload. Then I remembered, they don't have that much to do, eh? He he he...

To DNAS, Queen and Alien, they would know which building I am describing. Because we spent a lot of time over there when we were in Excebix. Queen and Alien are still there, reaping rewards, I suppose. He he he... I'm babbling again.

I end today's post with this...


3 comments:

D.N.A.S said...

I'll be at THAT building tomorrow morning!

UglyButAdorable said...

woitt!!! loose pants...nie yg zeles nieee....i'm still struggling hehhh..hehhh...great weekend sis..

Hajar said...

dnas: how was the visit?

UBA: hehe... let's work together la kakak!