August 11, 2007

Great Expectations


I am a simple girl. My wants are simple. My expectations are simple. I live a simple life.

Having said that, I am not without my own share of idiosyncrasies. For example, I use different ways to go to the same destination (I heard it could increase my creativity). I flush before I use the public toilet, regardless the cleanliness. I rinse the soap off the pipe knob after washing my hands. I wipe the cutleries (with serviette) I'm about to use wherever I go; be it a mamak stall or a 5-star restaurant.

And although knowing some things are just natural order of living, just norm in our daily lives, I expect miracles to happen and I will get something extra-ordinary. However much skeptical (or jaded) I am towards relationships, I still wish for fairytale story. Yes, I'm gullible that way.

So, this morning, when he said he'd come and pick me up at around eleven, I expected it to be between 10:45 am to 11:15 am. And when I called at 11:20, he wasn't even ready to go out, I felt disappointed. Not with him, but with myself, because my theory was proven again. You know, the fact that men are only intense and excited to impress when it was during the chasing period. Once the chasing is over, the excitement just slowly diminishes. (The fact that he had good reason for not realising the time, did not cross my mind at that moment. He he he...)

Anyway, he did apologise and said to me something about not being a prince but I will always be his princess (LINE!!!). In that case Her Royal Highness expects to be treated better, eh..?

Frankly, I know I'm kinda giving him a little hard time... The fact that I'm not easily convinced when it comes to relationship, doesn't help. He sorta have to prove to me that he's different from my exes. Not that I'm comparing, it's just those things in life right, when you get stung too many times, you would just stay clear of any hives.

Watching the rerun of Heroes where Nathan and Niki were getting it going, I mentioned to him; quoting Nathan who said that he's happily married; how even happily married man could still stray. And he said that it goes both ways and could also happen to a married woman, which he promptly pointed out the cop's wife who had an affair with her husband's friend (I forgot their names). Which I replied by pointing out that he strayed because his wife was on wheel chair, while she had an affair because their having marriage troubles. (But, oiiii! This is not me condoning affairs just because you have relationship troubles, eh....)

So, tell me.

Relationship needs hard work. It also need trust. I guess I have to work on that believing part. Positive vibes, Jade, positive vibes...

Anyway, on the lighter side, I went to another dealer today, and compared the packages offered. I guess, I'll stick to the first one. Much better. Hopefully by end of September, another reality...

5 comments:

Captain Kangaroo said...

Nice entry...
Feminity at its charming point :)

D.N.A.S said...

I pun.... I sangat punctual orangnya. So, I used to expect people who work with/date me to respect that, too. Tapi, after a while, dah tak kisah sangat dah. U lambat, I lambat. U cepat, I lambat gak.

Hajar said...

drfrap: charming, huh? hehe..

dnas: saya masih tau sekarang pukul berapa... hehe

Anonymous said...

eh awak... kita pun lap sudu, bilas kepala paip bagai! ;)

Hajar said...

nur: hehe... sama la kita!