July 24, 2007

Pictures from Penang

I put up some pictures on my fotopages; http://ladyjade.fotopages.com


I had a studio suite in The Gurney hotel. Very spacious. And it suited my needs. Which is within my entitlement plus complimentary broadband access. Good deal. The buffet breakfast had a lot of choices. Much better compared to Vistana Penang. Since the hotel is at the Gurney Drive, it's just a walk away to the open air food court. I wonder why the Malay section is so sombre compared to the Chinese section. It was really lively and happening, with old Chinese classics filling the air. I had the over-hyped pasembor. Haih... they just don't taste the way they used to.

I went to the Spice Garden the day after I arrived. After that I went to eat seafood at this one restaurant, forgot the name. I'll look it up. We had a delicious meal. I think I have the pictures some where... I'll look it up. On the way back to Gurney, we dropped by at durian stall and had a blast filling up "gas". Mind you, the stall accepts MasterCard for payment! He he he...

I had Hameedia's famous nasi kandar on my last day in Penang. Just before heading back to KL. So sedap. And my fingers did not turn yellow. That was my first nasi kandar. Ever.