June 6, 2007

Poem



Love Me Enough

I need you to love me enough so that you care
And not love me too much that I cannot go anywhere

I need you to love me enough so that you respect the decisions that I make
And not love me too much that you decide everything that I should do

I need you to love me enough so that you trust me
And not love me too much that you check my every move

I need you to love me enough that you can set me free
And not love me too much that binds you to me

I need you to love me enough so that I can have my space
And not love me too much that I'm hounded by your face

I need you to love me enough so that I feel safe
And not love me too much that I fear being with you

I need you to love me enough so I can love you back
And not love me too much that I keep holding back

I need you to love me enough that I am my own woman
And not love me too much that makes me cling to my man

I need you to love me enough
And not love me too much

Because I do love you enough
And not love you too much

-----------------------------------------------------

If I can see the future I might not stand with you today
If I can see the future I might be ahead all the way
If I can see the future I might not take any chances
If I can see the future I might not believe in chances
If I can see the future I might not do what I did yesterday
If I can see the future I might be questioning my worth everyday
If I can see the future I might decide to be alone forever
If I can see the future I might fall in love with you even sooner
If I can see the future I might wish for naught
If I can see the future I might wish that I cannot

Jade
June '07

3 comments:

Suraya said...

Oh that's beautiful dear... :)

The Momster said...

wow now u're a poet!!

on leave today ke? hehe.

Hajar said...

mommy: thanks! ;-)

n|ns: hehe... sket2... yup, on leave..