April 24, 2007

Penang is Grey

Today is my third day in Penang. I had good night sleep the previous two nights.

My take for the hotel after two days:

So-so. The buffet breakfast has limited selection. Local dishes instead of a fusion spread; local and continental that is. So, my choices were limited to toast, and toast. The omelette was quite good though. The coffee... hmm... just coffee. Not Starbucks material. He he he... Anyway, the plates, cups and saucers are from plastic, presumably a high grade plastic. Otherwise I'd wondered how the hotel was able to achieve 4 glittering stars.

The room. The bed was good, and I belatedly noticed that I was assigned to the smoking floor. I'm quite surprised why I didn't catch the ciggie smelly smell even though I did mention
to SS that the room did not smell nice when we entered the room on Sunday.

The housekeeping service is excellent. My towels are replaced daily despite the fact that
there is another piece to be used. When I called on Sunday night to ask them to spray the room with air freshener, I was immediately attended to and the next morning the housekeeper actually provided me with prayer mat, since she noticed I used the bed cover as alternative.

Superior rooms are not WiFi ready, Deluxe is. Thus, lowly peasants like moi would have to use the Hotspotz Prepaid in the lobby. Tough luck, eh? TV channels... they have Astro Star Movies and Cinemax, ESPN (I think), and Bloomberg. I'm a bit put off because there is no Disney or Nickolodeon. No Channel 17 neither.

Today, during lunch, I had my first bowl of Laksa Penang. I'm sure I've tasted better, after all, my benchmark for laksa Penang is either my Mak's or Mak Lang's. So, SS just have to bring me to some place better than the one that I had in Komtar this afternoon.

By the way, I managed to drive all the way from Bukit Jambul to the town since today I'm visiting the site office in Komtar.

I had ABC with my laksa. And the ABC looked like the picture on the right. Lovely colours, aren't they? And THAT was good. By the way, this picture is taken with my MING.

Yesterday, I drove myself to Seberang Jaya. Managed to find my partner's office after one missed exit and a couple of wrong turns. I had to make a huge turn to get back to where I was supposed to be. And being a woman that I am, I of course, asked for directions. (Hint! Hint!) Otherwise, I might just made several more wrong turns and missed few more exits, wouldn't I?

We then drove to Bukit Mertajam for the site office there and later that afternoon all the way to Seberang Perai Utara. Hmm... I forgot what the are was. Kepala Batas? Heh... Anyway, I arrived in the hotel at about 8:30pm. The traffic on the bridge had eased by the time I was crossing it, so it took me about 20 or 30 minutes to drive back.

I actually consider driving in Penang quite easy despite what some of my friends said when they heard I'll be driving. Probably because I stick to the main roads, asked direction and hey! I've good sense of directions, okay. Shown and proven.

Tomorrow morning, I will need to go to AAM to get my car insurance and road tax renewed. Date with SS, of course, since she'll be the one to show me where I'm supposed to go. And then another day at work.

Penang, by the way, is getting rain everyday. For today though, it has not rain, but the sky looks grey and gloomy. Oooh!!! Tonight is my TV night which also reminds me that tomorrow is Grey's Anatomy night! Ha ha.. Better not forget that... I miss McSteamy...

Okay then, do visit my fotopages at Jade's Fotopage for the pictures... Taaaaaa...

1 comment:

Captain Kangaroo said...

Is that rambutan in your ABC?!
waaa i want sum of that meh