February 19, 2007

Water, water and more water


Yesterday, the family and I went driving all the way to Sg. Gabai for a weekend spree to the waterfalls. I expected there'll be a lot of people, but never I imagined the roads, the river and the falls would be spitting humans! Good Lord!

Children running amok and screaming. Adults, well being adults. The men reading newspapers if not in the water with the kids. The women, doing what women do. Cook. Or preparing plates of nasi lemak. One thought came to me, "kesian". I mean, don't get me wrong. It's just a little unfair that the women still have to deal with the food preparation and not enjoying the getaway to the fullest. But maybe, for the mothers, the piercing scream of her children is enjoyment enough. The knowledge that the children are happy. I sincerely hope the husbands do not take the wives for granted and always tell them their are blessed to have them in their lives. A wishful thinking? I hope not.

Anyway, we knew we arrived late. There were no more parking, so we had to walk quite a distance to reach the falls. My brother said that we should go up to a higher spot but it seemed unlikely, since it would mean Abah won't be going up with us. So, we decided just to stand at the stairs and ate the junk food we brought. 20 minutes later we walked back to the car.

On the way to Gabai, I noticed a signboard of a
n AgroTek Resort. So, I alerted my brothers in the second car to watch for the sign board. We arrived at the place some 15 minutes later.

We had our lunch, ikan bakar kukus which I tell you, is delicious. I've always maintained that to know whether an eating place serves good food, you just have to try the nasi goreng cina. I was not disappointed. The fried rice was very tasty. We each ordered different drinks. There were watermelon, apple, orange and carrot juices. I ordered what was named "Beautiful Feeling" (green coloured).

Nasi Goreng Cina and Ikan Talapia Bakar/Kukus

Sup Sayur

The place itself was nice. There were chalets and halls for functions. I'm thinking of garden wedding... ha ha ha. Anyway, we didn't have the chance to explore the place since it started to rain. After letting the food set, we went back to the car and started the journey back. I'll let the pictures tell the rest.

The water from the hills. This used to be its own stream, but they put concrete alongside and underneath for safety of the children, or so they said. The actual waterfall is about 1km walk from the resort.

So, people, if you require a weekend getaway, or just plush greenery for a change, head to Agrotec Garden Chalet Resort in Hulu Langat.

6 comments:

Captain Kangaroo said...

Hmm where's Hulu Langat again, north of Klang Valley rite? Sounds terrific.

Anonymous said...

kalau i pergi sg gabai mesti mandi telanjang...

Nour said...

Hmm, it is like 10 mins away from my grand dad's place..Did you go to Congkak too?

Anonymous said...

geee..i didnt thought i'd miss yr writings sista! lol.. been bzzzz (lame excuse i know =p)
aiseh, nieh yg buat i nak tayang my getaway kat Lata Belatan too nieh.. ehehee

D.N.A.S said...

Menarik jugak tu. Hulu Langat tu dekat je ngan rumah saya, ada la dalam 45 minutes drive.

Hajar said...

drfrap: urrmm... not exactly north..

captain barbell: huh? too much info!! hehe..

nour: tak pegi Congkak. maybe next time. where's your grandad's place?

fatihah: you have been missed too! tayang jangan tak tayang... ;-)

dnas: ramai sgt lah kat Gabai. U pegi kat agrotek tu lah...