February 8, 2007

Movie: Blood and Chocolate

Publish
I think I've made a point to tell you that I love anything magical and supernatural. Last night I met Silver to watch Blood and Chocolate. You can read the synopsis here and review here. I did not know for sure it was based on a book, but suspected it. A search on Google, confirmed it.

Let's talk about the movie, since I have not read the book. I love the cinematography. The part where the transformation takes place, humans changing to wolves, that was awesome. The way it was done made it so realistic that it's easily believable. It was beautiful.

They could do with more variety of wolves though. The ones they showed in the movie looked similar. And wolves are supposed to be beautiful and handsome. The bad guy character is too lame and he died too easily. Silver was disappointed that Gabriel was not as tough as he looked like. The main character, Viviane, was traumatic because of a tragic event when she was small. Her family was killed by hunters in th US so she went back to Romania and to live with her aunt, Astrid. Gabriel and Astrid had a son, Rafe who was a renegade.

As the pack leader, Gabriel is to choose a new mate every 7 years. I thought wolves mate for life? Anyway, there was this scene in a club, whe Astrid tried to seduce him, to which he said, "Every one of us ages, Astrid. We just have to do it gracefully". I hate that. This is a very typical male statement. :-P

Anyway, the story went that Viviane was supposed to mate with Gabriel, and she is said to be the chosen one, who will bring a new age to the werewolf clan. Viviane, a teenager, fell in love for the first time, with a struggling artist/writer, Aidane. Aidane writes a graphic novel about werewolves. They met when he was doing his research.

So, that is as far as I will tell. Go and watch if you are into vampires and werewolves. If you watched Underworld, then you might not want to miss this.

Overall, the story is very straight forward. I might get the book, although apparently it's a teenage reading. That does not matter, because Jade is forever young, eh?

ps: I may have missed it, but I did not hear any wolf howling in the movie. Strange, isn't it, for a werewolf story?

pps: I have bought the second book of the Black Magician Trilogy, The Novice.

7 comments:

UglyButAdorable said...

yuuhuu..sis..howdy..

gravtkills said...

did u watch The Covenant?

D.N.A.S said...

This movie ada mamat hensem yg berlakon cite SWAT tu kan?... I pun nak pegi tgk.

Angel Eyes said...

mcm best.

tak takut ker?

Hajar said...

UBA: kakak!! I miss you!! I'm good.

gravt: yeah, I did. So-so lah..

DNAS: not sure if he acted in SWAT.. I was never concern who acts in a movie... hehe..

AE: a bit gory la... tapi tak seram pun. it's not a horror movie lah..

Captain Kangaroo said...

Waa I wonder if u wear gothic dress to work? :)

Hajar said...

drfrap: wonder not. i don't. hehe..