February 22, 2007

Untitled


He said, "I'm supposed to take care of you. I'm your knight in shining armor. They call me Sir Whine-A-Lot."

And I asked his permission to quote him.

After I had the biggest laugh of the day.

Once, SS, NF and I used to talked about how these days, guys are more emotional than girls. And how girlfriends have to pamper their boyfriends more than the boys did the girls. How boys these days whine more than girls.

The reality is, these things happen. Boys need a lot more TLC than they are willing to admit and probably deserved. Girls, by nature, are of course the more caring being. But girls want boys to care about them too. However much we want boys who can shed a tear, we adore men who can muscle through the crowd and chop the wood. Well, those might not be the most interesting anologies, but you get what I'm trying to say, right?

Let's not generalise. Let's just talk about yours truly.

I want a man who is a man. I don't mind listening to his whining, every now and then, as long as he finds solution to his problem. I don't mind listening to his worries, as long as he values my input and suggestions, and stop to think that maybe I can actually be right. I want a man who has confidence in himself. I want us to take care of each other and not to rely only on one person to make things work. I want both of us to be appreciative on the other's efforts and show how much we mean to each other. I want us to realise our own imperfections and to accept each other's shortcomings. I want mutual respect.

If these are too much to ask, then please tell me that I'm wrong to expect all these.

But if what I shared were too much, then how did other people do it? Their relationships work. Is it because they are not expecting a lot and they just make do? Is that enough?

There is no relationship without trials. A real relationship is never smooth sailing. One who says so, is lying. But a good partnership will make the relationship works, they will be able to find the solution to the problems they face.

And when the other person says, "You're a wonderful person to be with", will it be crazy to actually believe it or insane not to?

ps: Film to watch: Guess Who. I like the dialogue between Percy Jones (Bernie Mac) and Simon (Ashton Kutcher) at the railway station, towards the end of the movie.

4 comments:

CestmoiCK said...

I watched GUESS WHO some time last year. For the life of me, can't remember what it is all about, heh (old age, I know...very forgetful!) :)

Oh, SG and KL not so far lorrr...hehe, but with Naz goin' off to Dubai, I don't know if we (yang tinggal sini) would still be havin' makan-makan gatherings...tak cukup quorum, tak best! Uwaaa!)

Have a good weekend! :)

gravtkills said...

ala my GUESS WHO dvd corrupted la

Hajar said...

ck: can go to spore.. tapi nak tidoq mana?

gravt: tak per... starmovies sure repeat sampai lebam...

Anonymous said...

bump bump bump! ;)