February 15, 2007

Orange!!


I did not know how it happened. I ended up having a nice dinner and a long stemmed rose. DNAS will be flabbergasted.

It all started with my phone call. I was going to be in SA for meeting and the place will be nearby to where he was. So, I called to ask if he wanted to go back together. And so we did. Dropped by the house to keep my laptop and went out again to have dinner. I was so against to have dinner outside in the midst of all the dating couples making cow's eyes to each other. But he was craving for tomyam, so I relented.

We went to the Amarin at MidValley Megamall. No pictures, sorry. I ordered fried kuey-teow and he had the feast. Although I mengecak too. He ordered plain rice with tomyam and pandan chicken. The tomyam was served in young coconut, a first for me, with the coconut filling cut rectangularly. It was very nice.

To me, we were just having our normal dinner. Like any other dinners before. We did not make any reservation. I was still in my work clothes and so was he. We even went into a little disagreement over something so silly. The rest of the people, especially the girls were dressed up nicely, had their hair and nails done, even if it was just to eat tomyam!

We walked around after dinner, not realising it was getting late and the place was closing. We rushed to the carpark only to come to a long line of cars waiting to exit the building. So we decided to go and have a drink. We played cards (I won mercilessly, of course... although I have a feeling it was planned... hmm...) while waiting for the traffic to ease.

As we were about to leave, the staff wished us "Happy Valentines Day" to which I jokingly remarked, "Duh.. tak der bunga pun? Wish jer?" and laughed it off. He, excused himself to the washroom. Ha ha ha... I really cannot relay this romantically enough when the geture was just that. I was watching the TV while waiting for him, and suddenly a hand snaked over my shoulder with a stalk of rose. :-P

I said I don't need flowers, and he said, it's okay, it's not Valentine's day anymore. True enough it was almost 1am. It's the thought that counts, isn't it?

Being Jade though, instead of blushing and stutter, I started to blabber on the meaning of orange-coloured rose. I did comment that the flower was beautiful, and the colour was very nice, right? To which he responded, he didn't care the meaning of the colour because to him it means something-I-do-not-want-to-say-here.

I slept soundly through the night, very possible with a smile plastered on my face. See? It does not take much to make Jade happy in her sleep. He he he...

8 comments:

Angel Eyes said...

OMG!

You're one lucky girl i tell you!

The Momster said...

wooohooooooooooo!! i like!!

the simplicity in the gesture makes it even more special eh?

Hajar said...

AE: hehe..

n|ns: true enough. hehe..

Anonymous said...

Oh schweeeeeeet!

What does orange means?? ;)

Solace

Memey Anuar said...

wah.. abg botak very the romantic tauu! i loike! ;)

am happy for u sis..

Nour said...

wahhh very nice!

Hajar said...

Solace: I believe it means enthusiasm or desire... I checked it on the net!

pink: hehe.. lebih kurang laa..

nour: kan? kan?

Captain Kangaroo said...

That would be picture perfect in a romantic comedy movie - H.grant & jade huh? :)