February 6, 2007

I'm an Engineer?! Huh?

I just collected my newly printed name cards today. To my surprise, my designation is different from the one that I remembered I chose when I applied at the system. Some words are missing and the one that is left is "Engineer".

So, does this means I should be asking for an engineer's salary? He he he... it'd be really, really awesome if I can do that though. Engineers are one of the people who basically cop duit. He he he... Wishful thinking, eh?

Pudica is privatised now. But the new CEO wants to maintained the R&D image, thus anything that incur business is considered... foreign (?). One of its units has been detached few months back. There is a rumour floating around that the same thing will happen to the unit I'm in too. But so far, it's still a rumour. But, hey... this unit actually generates a LOT annually, and it seems like we never actually see the green papers because everything goes back to the mothership. I am not sure how I feel about this; this unit being extracted. Sounds scary.

Apparently it's just my luck that I always move when there is restructuring or reorganising going on or new captain holding the reins. However, it's the knowledge that interest me the most. For now. I'd probably give it a couple of years.

This morning I was away in Damansara meeting up with my partner. Prior to today's discussion, I had supplied the programmer with the necessary documentations to help him understand the flow, the modules and the functions that he needs to call. And today I found out that he did not read them with the reason: "The documentation is too thick, lahh..." I was speechless. Adooiii...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

engineers cop duit??i must've lost my money stamp somewhere then.

Hajar said...

ti.e.na: cepat cari!! or else get a new one!