December 20, 2006

A Dose of Sex

Six actually... In one morning. Hah! That got your eyes popped out!

"There are a lot of gorgeous women out there in the city. But after a while, you just want someone who can make you laugh"
- Mr. Big, Sex and The City, 2nd Episode, 1st Season.

Auwww... so when can I find my very own Mr. Big? Do I have to wait until I am 30-something like Carrie and wait another six seasons for IT to actually happen? Wait, that means... I must bump into my Mr. Big (gasp!) approximately sometime next year!

I am a women of leisure as of today. For two days only. So, today, as usual, I woke up early in the morning, eventhough I was mentally alert and knowing that I have the whole day to laze around. I just can't. I don't believe it! I'm a creature of habit after all!

I got up from the bed, went to kitchen, soak my laundry, boil water and made my peanutbutter sandwiches. Not necessarily in that order. After 30 minute, I got bored, texted NF to let her know I was going to watch her DVD. She said I was hopeless, the weather was so conducive for sleeping and I couldn't sleep. I replied, "Yeah.. what a bugger.."

So I watched the first season of Sex and The City. The first six episodes. Writing about men, women and relationships are just so fun. I can understand why Carrie Bradshaw did it. You get to learn a lot of things, ones that you already knew, ones that you don't, ones that you don't want to know, etc. Maybe I should have a column of my own somewhere. How do I go about that?

Anyway, a romantic as I am, I believe that there is someone for everyone. It's only the "when" that makes you impatient. And the "who", of course. Duhh. I believe that God will give us one that suits us most, for who we are and who we can be. So, if my someone arrives a little late, it's okay. Because God is fair and He knows what's best for me. I should not worry so much, should I? Accepting that, why am I still feeling uneasy about it? Maybe because I'm just human after all.

I haven't been to New York. I do not know whether KL is anything close to NY. Although judging by the way KLites (duh.) living their lives, I could see some similarities here and there. (Our currency is still far behind though!) Anyway, my point is, being beautiful always has its advantage. Even here in KL. Society is obsessed about a certain standards that are considered as "beautiful".

People always say that intelligence is attractive, but how can you attract someone to talk to you and find that you're intelligent, when you are unable to attract them to talk to you in the first place just because you're not pretty? I tell you, it's a bummer. They say first impression is always important, but you're unlikely to make a good one if you're not at par with the standards. At least.

So, where does that leave ladies like me? Plain. Not beautiful by society's standards. But (ehem!) intelligent nontheless. People, men or women, however they say that beauty is secondary, are attracted to beautiful things. Hey, otherwise I won't be drooling after Mr. Brosnan, eh? BUT, it is a personal choice whether or not the person will give a chance to ordinary people, like moi, to show their attractive sides.

Then, and maybe then, I will find my own Mr. Big.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dad once told me this - Find a soul-mate who can share a good conversation cos after a certain age that's about all most maried couple could do.....

Anonymous said...

Dear Jade

Tumpang rewind....

i manage to catch Cinta when i was in Penang recently. In Gurney Plaza to be exact. You are right. Its one of the better malay movie i've seen in years. The most difficult thing watchin the movie was me trying very hard nak cover line sebab menangis macam nak rak. Konon nak control macho but it was miserable.....

Nour said...

I love the sex and the city, I even have all six seasons compilation. It is true, like it or not, men do look at beauty first, the physical appearance is thier first concern. No matter how much they try to deny it. They would look at the outside than the inside.

Anonymous said...

trust yourself and trust god! coz god in u.. Mr Big shud be on his way jade, some how i agree that most (99.99%) men will rather look on the beauty part first... he he he. later if it comes with brains too, then its a bonus!! however, off course i think u pernah perasan that most >90% couples mana pernah yang sepadan pun... right?? so jade, remember this, "beauty is in the eye of beholder" love is the word, the rest , lets just say we leaveit to god ok!!! miss ya'- kiddo

Angel Eyes said...

I luv the series too! Can;t help it but i guess i should be a New Yorker! (hint hint!)

Babe, i think i'm going lah.. no matter what.

Hey, you're beautiful in your very own way ok? Trust me!

D.N.A.S said...

I hope you find your Mr. Big and Hard. Hopefully he's not Big Headed and not playing Hard to get. Hee hee.

Anonymous said...

galing: I totally agree with your Father. On CINTA, told you so.

nour: women do too. except most often than not we always make exceptions.

kiddo: miss u too! hehe...

AE: only go with blessings babe. jauh tu... and you'll be on your own. the are just worried. it's part of their JD.

dnas: aiyooo... ini statement ada double interpretation. haha.. :-p