August 8, 2006

Just want you to know...

This has got to be one of the best Malay songs ever written. And I just found out who wrote the lyrics. I told her I still cannot get over the fact that she did it. And that I may have to blog about it and then I'll be okay. But maybe not. Because everytime I listen to the song, I will remember and be astounded again. He he he... exaggerate a bit.

Nope. No one has ever dedicated this song to me. No one ever sung it to me. It's not special in that way. It's special because, somehow, the song has an English touch but it's written in Malay. What I mean is that the way it's written. Ceehh... Now I sound like a critic. I can't really explain why I like the song. Maybe the fact that it's straight forward, simple, but undeniably beautifully written. Ha! Amik kau...

Anyway, the song that I'm referring to is this:

Keabadian Cinta

Selembut bicara
Sehalus sentuhanmu
Layangan pesonamu

Tak mungkin ku lupa
Jelingan pertama
Nan indah penuh makna

Akan kusahut cintamu itu
Bersama kita menuju bahagia

Takkan lagiku sendiri
Kasih yang berlabuh kini
Terasa keabadian cinta kau beri
Mungkinkah daku bermimpi
Sebahagia begini
Ini bukan (nya) ilusi
Oh kasih

Seindah irama
Gemersik suaramu
Mengalun sepiku yang merindu

Tuhan merestui
Bahagia begini
Kasihmu nan suci

I was listening to my CD this morning and this song came out. And I wondered who wrote the lyrics because everytime I listen to it, I'm mesmerised. Aahh.. finally, the word. Yes, that's it. I'm always mesmerised by the words, the music. They just blend well.

And then, not an hour ago, I read a comment on her blog and I found out that she wrote it! I'm sure everyone else knows about it already except for yours truly. The fact that I'm slow and blur all the time has long been established.

Anyway, if there's one Malay song that I want to be played at my wedding, it would be Keabadian Cinta. Eternal Love. So, kudos for this lovely lady, and also for Mr Azlan Abu Hassan.

Kakak,
I guess, you've got to be really in love to write this piece. And you've found your own cinta abadi.

Haa... bukan senang aku nak puji lagu Melayu, ok... :-p

13 comments:

gravtkills said...

whos the singer?

Nazrah Leopolis said...

ewahhh...sluarku koyak you jahitkan k?

thanks so much. it's always great to get feedback like this.makes me wanna work harder.

Hajar said...

gravt: abang anuar kain pelikat la la la la..

nazrah: hehe.. get me a dinner date with anak pakcik zain bley?

Anonymous said...

Dear Jade

Never imagine that u cud go for such song. Too 'jiwa-jiwa' for me. he he.
But the lyrics has its own 'strength'. Not much i can say about the singer though....every time i hear his voice,the more i'm convinced that he is trying to do a poor imitation of Al-Jarreau (one of my all time favourite artiste).

Let me know of your wedding date and i'll make sure i'll render you this song (also my favourite)...sans appearance fee!

ASMARA

Jika kau katakan padaku
Sejak hadirmu dalam hidupku
Kian dewasa bersama cinta
Indah asmara kau taburi cahaya
Tiapa detik penuh bermakna
Ku rasa

Bila kau tiada terbayang semua
Ukiran manis senyum dan tangis
Dan meniduri di hamparan hidupku
Gelisahnya tiada menentu

Asmara
Hanyut di laut cinta
Tak terhingga ku dilanda
Gelora di jiwa

Asmara
Hapus semua derita
Biarku rasa bahagia
Hingga ke hujungnya

Bawalah daku ke mana saja
Di langit biru ke hujung dunia
Akan ku turut dengan kudrat yang ada
Demi cinta kuharungi jua
Bersama

Tak mampu ku usirkan rindu yang datang
Kau sungguh memancar bersama kasih sayang
Setiap saat wajahmu terbayang

Sorry for the long post, again....

Hajar said...

galing: That's Anita Sarawak kan? she sings herself, I take it! hehe..

UglyButAdorable said...

she's my gal!!! that's just 1 song...bnyk lagie wooo

D.N.A.S said...

Jade,
this is Mr. Wolf's compulsory karaoke song. Everytime pegi karaoke mesti dia nyanyi lagu ni punya... but he sings with 2 keys lower than AZ.

Anonymous said...

Jade,
I thot u like 'Kau Pergi Jua' song too? ;)

Hajar said...

UBAdorable: true.. true.. "bercanda di pasiran pantai.. "hehehe..

DNAS: agak2 cair tak kepala lutut bila dengar?

Anon: hah! not so anon anymore u are!! suka lagu tu, but that's not a wedding song, isn't it? :-p

Nour said...

I love this song. My sis beat me to it as the song was played during her wedding ceremony. Her wedding theme song la. Sigh!! looks like when my time comes..if ever la kan, I shall have to look for something else la nampaknye :)

D.N.A.S said...

Nour:
Masa your wedding nanti, you pasang 'Dealova' laaa...

Jade:
I think my love song was "I have nothing" by Whitney Houston. Masa tu kat Uni lagi.

Nour said...

dnas,
good idea tu, one song worth keeping just in case..hehehe
what happened to your blog dnas, u used to have one kan??

Hajar said...

nour: one taken, byk lagi on the list kan...

dnas: Dealova tu lagu aper la?