March 19, 2005

Sepet

Very entertaining, although the ending is quite.. unexpected. And.. unwelcome. You're taken in a roller coaster ride of emotions, of being in love for the first time, of love at first sight. (although i don't really believe this could ever happen, more like.. urrmm.. 'lust' at first sight.)

The mastermind behind the movie Sepet has a LOT to say of life as Malaysians. Of the 'confusion' of tradition. What seems right before is not right anymore in present day. And also the mentality of our people.

I enjoyed every second of the movie. Not going into technicals like the editing and sound quality. The story is interesting. The dialogues were witty and natural. That's what make the movie a hit, even going into its 2nd month, the cinema was full house. And I do not mind a bit eventhough I'm sitting at the 3rd row, from the screen.

Kudos to the team. To Yasmin for the effort of bringing out the reality. To the casts for delivering their parts brilliantly. Sangat terkesan.

I am no professional movie critic, take my comments with doubts and unbelieving aura. But go and watch the movie. And come back and tell me how you feel.

Ciao for now.

No comments: