February 10, 2010

Girlfriend vs You Belong To Me





VS







I am 100% sure you know these songs. The first one is by Avril Lavigne, came out years ago. And the latter is by Taylor Swift who won multiple awards last year; the newcomer.

HAVE YOU NOTICE HOW VERY MUCH ALIKE THESE TWO SONGS ARE?

And I love them both! Yup, me, a 32-year-old. I love both songs. My insides are screaming Avril's but what people see is mostly Taylor's. That's me, people. That's me they are singing about! Ha ha ha...

Avril's song is so direct to the point, so rock chick and so so so fierce that it slaps you in the face. While Taylor's song is the miss goody two shoes, gentle girl-next-door sort that makes your heart go pitty pat. Yes? No? Maybe?

I'm tuning to young adult's mode now. Who said you should lose your inner child. I do my best to nurture my inner child, because it keeps me alive and sane in this crazy world. It might sound dramatic, but I see better, and understand better, when I look at the world with a child's eyes.

Don't believe me? Try it.

WHY NOT?

No comments: