February 9, 2010

From Blogging to Relationship Recipe!


I have been blogging since... 2003. After a couple of moves, I finally stick to this one. Those old blogs, they are still around. Today I visited one of them, and reminisced.

What prompted me to do that was... well.. Mr. Hubby again claimed my blog is a bore these days. :-p I'm taking it positively though. He said when I was emotional, my writings were more interesting. And I actually agree!

Those days I was on my own. Free to express my feelings without caring of the world. I was anonymous; except to a select few. I wrote what I felt, I wrote what I thought.

These days, when I do the same, I get a certain emotional comment or feedback, I read a certain post-reply in another blog. It's a little disheartening. And it's amazing how it changes me because my impression of the people I know changes.

We cannot expect people to think or act the way we do. But majority of us a subscribing to this context. I am lucky though that most of my closest friends are like-minded; we travel on the same wavelength. Just because we normally agree with one another, it does not mean we are in denial. Don't we all choose to be with the ones who are most alike to us anyway?

I used to blog because the blog is my online diary; it is where I tell my story. These days I think I blog because people reads it. Writing was like water flowing back then. I never had to think of the most appropriate words for me to use. I just let my fingers running on the keyboard freely as my mind dictated it.

And now I am married.

Yes! I am! However, it slightly baffled me when I realised that there is no way I can say the words; "You will only understand it when you are married". I guess, the universe's secrets were not bestowed upon me when we said "I do"s. I have not gone wiser than before, I don't see any secret windows or undefined rainbow colours, I don't feel different, except I have extra responsibilities; which every one knows, even the unmarried ones! I must have missed something, somewhere...

I guess, in between my daily feelings about the general world as we know it, I will be oftenly be blogging about my married life. Don't worry, I have asked permission from Mr. Hubby to do this. :-p

To my non-muslim and very liberal Muslim friends and readers, a Muslim wife is required to ask permission from her husband to do something. It is not a way to control a woman, it is not in any way defy human rights or freedom of speech. It is a way to keep harmonious and respectful relationship between the wife and the husband. Contrary to popular beliefs, Islam raises a woman's level higher than a man's (you can Google this, I am no preacher).

On my personal note and opinion, just because it is not dictated anywhere that a husband needs to ask consent from his wife to do anything, it's just relevant to do the same; simply because he loves and respect her.

The art of informing your partner on what you plan to do is just so that you are both prepared if there are any changes related to it or God forbid, rumours. It is also as a show of respect to your partners feelings. It protects the trust in the relationship. So WHY NOT do it?

Ha ha ha... suddenly the contents of this post is diverted. Ah-neeway... *smirk* As I was saying, I will be sharing more about my life not because I want to be a show off or just "to be like other bloggers". In a way it's a therapy to me. If it's a bad thing that I'm sharing, it's a way to release my stress or negative energy. If it's a good thing that I'm sharing, it's a way for me to record all the blessings bestowed upon me; a way for me to be more THANKFUL. Blogging shall again be my therapy.

And if along the way someone agrees or disagrees... WHY NOT?

No comments: