March 10, 2009

Snippets

1. I watched The Tudors last night. Henry said something that intrigued me. "...whether it is better for a king to be feared or loved..." I believe that a leader should be loved (and respected) by his followers and feared (and respected) by his enemies. Maybe this is something that our leaders today can ponder upon. After a year, I believe a lot of us are bored with the power hussle and tussle. These are times when the grass does look greener on the other side.

2. My travel plans are confirmed. I will be away for about 3 weeks. First part for the training and second part for the conference. I have already purchased the necessities. Luggage, a pair of boots; (Snowfly, because they were on 50% discounts! But Clarks' were soooo oh heaven! No discounts though...). Hmm.. that's about it. Ohh.. not to forget the spring coat.

3. Abah will undergo coronary angiogram 4 days before I leave. :-( Yes, the doctor did say it's just like a visit to the dentist, and minimal risks are involved; that is if everything goes smoothly. But I do worry. I pray and hope everything will go smoothly. It's not a nice feeling to have...

4. Wedding plans are on hiatus. Seems like we have too many other things to attend to than getting the preps on the way. The hall is booked, of course. The dates, insyaAllah, confirmed. Things like documents and blood tests, all needs to be done within the months before the wedding date, so of course that has to wait. As for other stuff; baju, etc, well... I sure have plenty of time left kan?

5. I have an exam coming up. And I'm still not 100% confident that I will do well. Never knew it will be this hard! Now I understand how it feels like to learn something so foreign to you. Something that you totally have no clue of! It makes you feel inadequate and it frightens you. It also makes you feel like the village idiot, everytime you make mistake. Haih... But I will follow through and I will be successful. I have to!

6. I still have documents to prepare before I leave for Paris. And yet, I find myself more keen to spend time reading, revising for the exam and facebooking! So not professional.

7. I still hate HP. My laptop is definitely not okay. I'm sending it to the service centre today. Dem you HP. You think I'm so rich I can just replace a two grands lappie in a blink? Capitalist! Pirates! Why do we let these people bully us, I never know. We are too dependant on them, aren't we?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck!!!