December 12, 2007

Back from Kuantan

Kuantan was... different. Although there were a lot of memories over there, it was just different. The town is busier these days, more cars, more people, more new buildings and shopping complexes. In fact, more residential areas, modern ones. There were a lot of firsts in Kuantan. First time being away from home, first time being a target just because I walked as if I was on a runaway (can't really blame me there, according to my aunties I walk the way I did since I was a kid), and that made me really lost my confidence and self assurance for the firs time, my first.. ehem.. boyfriend (and he was a hunk wanted by many! ahaha... not bad for a kampung girl, eh?). And although there were many firsts, I hardly have any pictures from back then. Hardly have any memorabilia from those days. Seeing my college again, I could not describe how I felt. Not exactly melancholic but just a little regret, I guess. Because that was the turning point where I started to look at people and the world differently. The college, if I may say so dramatically, took my innocence in so many ways.


Although Kuantan was different, I enjoyed it tremendously. The weather was nice, occasional showers now and then but less sun (thank God!) and the company was even more engaging. He he he... Thanks for accompanying me, darling! We took some pictures by the beach, saw people playing para-boarding (or whatever they're calling it...). He said it would be fun if we tried that out. I told him to go ahead if he wanted to and count me out because my idea of fun is not to work hard to enjoy the fun! I told him that I'd cheer him though! You should see how the wind blew and it looked as if the lady would be whisked away!


Telok Chempedak or T.C. as we warmly call it was also different. There is a wooden bridge connecting the beach there to a more secluded beach on the othe side of the hill. We walked on th bridge but did not go to the beach because, MPK should really fix the thing first. Certain parts of the flooring are missing, some are bent like waiting to fall down and there is one part where the baluster is gone! Dangerous. But I see a lot of people gamble their lives risking falling to the rocks and wave below.


I should talk a bit about the wedding kan? We arrived just in time to see the groom arrived. The colour scheme was sweet, the food was good and the guests aplenty. Congratulations again to the couple. I hope you like our little token. Took a couple of pictures of the couple of the day on the pelamin, went out to eat and left the place. I was there less an hour. Made contact with few old friends, who were not really "excited" to see me (ha ha ha) as I was at seeing them (poor me... :-p). Basically, I am not in the college circle so much anymore. Partly is my fault for not making and effort, partly because I was never part of the group. So.



The waves hitting the rock at Telok Chempedak beach.



The beach at Swiss Garden Resort



Okay, that is that. The weather these days is so depressing. I need the sun dear God, or I could just wither and die. He he he... Coming from the drama queen, what else should you expect eh? Sometimes I feel like the weather is the testimony of my feelings. So, I guess, to ensure a brighter day, I should keep on smiling! Right, I'm babbling.

1 comment:

Nour said...

I was in Teluk Chempedak in October, love the beach and the waves. I was impressed with the city and its cleanliness. Hoping to visit Kuantan again :)