August 12, 2005

The countdown has begun

The haze has cleared a little, because of the rain early this morning. Although the sun still look like an orange ball, the heat scorching the skin is familiar. Unlike these past few days where it was just a trapped heat. The air gracing my lungs still smells burning and ashes. But I am not complaining, as I hope things will get better, for I'd like to watch the magical two moon this month. Let's pray the haze will be totally gone by the 20th. And let there be clean and clear air after that.

The good news that made me smile from ear to ear is that I am changing environment in aproximately one month. I did not exactly get everything that I asked for, but that's okay. We can't be too greedy, can we? Some things take time and time is all it takes. We've got to be patient, and work for what we want with the intensity that we're comfortable with. Good things will come in time.

With power comes greater responsibilities

Or so it goes along that line. Therefore, it's not all honey and strawberry. In fact, it's actually strawberry. Because it's fulfilling and sour at the same time. So, even if it means better that before, it has its downside as well. But then again, everything has the upside and downside. So, I am not complaining. I pray this will mean a better me for time to come, in everything that I do and hope to achieve. Ameen.

Moving along... I'd like to talk about... carelessness. We are always careless with people who are closed to us. Think back, when was the last time you hurt someone close to you? It does not matter whether they are our parents, siblings, close friends, housemates, spouses, etc. We tend to be careless with their feelings. Careless in the way we act, what we say.

Sadly, most of the times, we did not realise that we've hurt them. We would only see the light when the sleeping volcano finally erupted, and by the time it does, it's difficult to make ammends. But it is not beyond redemption. Blood is thicker than water. And I believe it applies not only among family members, but also with people who we are very close with. However, the scar is there. The burnt trunks and melted metal. Whilst the lava will cool, and brings prosperity to the land, the hurtful memories remain. And there's only one thing to do, which is to live through it.

We have got to acknowledge that we're far from perfect. We tend to be careless, yes. Everyone of us. We might be hurting, or be hurt. We are both, the victim and the criminal. And since we wear both shoes, we should be more empathic to everyone. Imagine the understanding that can be derived.

I know, I know. It sounds farfetched. And too idealistic. Maybe I just am. An idealist. But if we could at least try to make a change, even in the smallest way, don't you think it counts to something? If everyone just snickers at what I said and move along, nothing has changed. And isn't that just so... sad? Then again, this is just my two sen. Can take it, can leave it. But when we have the power to make the change, I suggest we use it. Don't let it go to waste.

We have the power to make this world a better place to live in. In loving and harmonious way. It's just the choice that we have to pick amongst the others.

Now, if only it's that easy...

No comments: