July 7, 2005

Come to stay

I'm tired. Tired of pretending that everything is okay. Tired of smiling when my heart is crying. Tired of believing when I can see the truth is fading. Is this what real life really about? If it is, I will gladly continue dreaming. Don't wake me up while I'm sleeping. Let me be.. Let me be..

The sun shines when you're near me, but hides behind the cloud when you're away. The birds don't sing when you're gone, even the breeze refuses to caress my cheeks. The days seem slower, and every step is a drag. I may be alive to the naked eyes looking at me, but inside it feels like I'm dying slowly.

Come back, come home. I can't seem to function without you. If this is love, I rather not have it. If this is lust, I rather not burn with it. But I do not know how to get away from it. You're inside me, in every blink of my eyes, in every breathe that I take. Your soul is within me. How can this be? Am I flowing inside you too? Do you feel how I feel when we're apart? Or is this just my mind playing the effect that all those romance books have to mortals?

I am myself when I'm with you. The curtain of pretense is dropped when I talk to you. My eyes smile when they see you, my heart beats its pleasant rhythm when we're together. My skin tingles even before we touch, my head is light and my troubles seem so far away.

Come back, come home. The song does not play when you are far away. The perfume lost its scent for you're not here to stay. The arts lost it beauty day by day. There is no pleasure in everything I say.

Come back, come home. For I will you to stay.

No comments: