June 27, 2005

is it morning already?

it can be a reason, but it's not an excuse...

Something happened during the weekend that I came out with that phrase. A dear friend told me to look at the BIG PICTURE.

Oh, dear me... is it time for me to wake up? And face that very thing I put aside a year back?

I always do my best to be consistent with the things that I say and the stuff that I do. Sometimes it is a battle. You know what is right and good for you, but you just have to forget that bit for a while and go ahead with your instinct and wants. Sometimes, it is good for you, other times it left you... hollow.

This morning, while doing my... ermm... morning routines, a thought suddenly occured to me. I am going to be closer to that big three oh. And a realisation; maybe it's time for me to start reflecting and a muhasabah session is due. Oh, how I hate it when I'm right.

Yesterday, I watched "Under the Tuscan Sun". In a nutshell, it's a story of picking up pieces, or what's left of it, and starting anew. It was very refreshing and enlighting. And how apt it was to be aired on the weekend my conscience was knocked. Now, before you start to think "oh my.. what had this gal went through in the past.." no, I did not have a bad life, or went through a pile of dung to be who I am today. Nothing major. Just the normal disappointment and heartache (breaks?) and headache and yadda yadda

I used to think too much. On what happened. I analyse the situation. Was it my fault? Where did I go wrong? What is it about me that is not enough? How can I make things better next time? What I shouldn't have done? The list can go on and on and on...

But then, I realise, if things did not happen the way they did before, then I wouldn't be where and who I am now. If things we all jelly and strawberry last time, I might not be pushed into my artistic direction and get started on my writing again. You see, things happened for a reason. Gosh, I'm starting to sound like old record playing, again and again, sampai lebam.

Anyway, to avoid being repetitive, I shall put here some excerpts I caught in Under the Tuscan Sun last night.

Worrying is a waste of time.

Live your social life in all direction. And never lose your childhood enthusiasm.

Green light means 'GO', yellow light is for decoration, red light is just a suggestion

No comments: