August 25, 2009

The Rings Story

We wanted something different for the wedding... Well... I wanted. Men, they just go with whatever their women feel happy about, right?

So, there's this jewelry shop in my office building, that takes up orders for customised rings. Naturally, I designed a pair for us. So, we went to see the manager. He was all "of course it can be done!", "I will do it nicely for you, don't worry". "It will be very nice!". Nice guy. He said, the rings will be ready in two weeks time.

Two weeks later, I went to check the rings. I did not plan to pick them up yet, just you know, want to see it first.They were not ready. So he asked me to come back end of the week. I went on Friday, still no. So, it went on until almost two months have passed.

Last week, Wednesday, when I came the rings were not in the shop yet. But they say that they will send it in the evening. So I waited. Throughout the weeks of waiting, they had never call me up to let me know on the progress. I had to go to the shop again and again.

Evening, came and I saw the rings. I was so upset I did not have any words to say except, "These are not what we ordered..." I called up CapalPerak and we agreed that we should just ask our deposit back, since we wasted too much time with these people already. They couldn't give me the money there and then, their manager will need to talk to me.

So, when the manager called the next day, obviously he had pieces of my mind. He did not even say sorry for making the mistake. And he had the neck to said that if we want our deposit back, he will take a percentage for the bank charges since we paid the deposit by card. The nerve of the man! I did not agree, so I asked him to call up CapalPerak.

Apparently he called this morning, days after our conversation. And he had a fight with CapalPerak. Still, he did not apologise. He even threatened not to give the money back because CapalPerak was impolite to him, he said. Boleh tak?? Bengong.

So today, I went to collect back the deposit, minus the bank charges. CapalPerak agreed to give it because he said we've wasted too much time with this. The manager was not in the shop when I was there. And since it's already Ramadhan, I did not have the nafs to complain and fight. Besides, I don't want the staff to be the receiving end since it's not their fault.

The shop's name is Joyeria Kohinoor Sdn Bhd. I'm not saying you should not go to this shop, because I do like some of their works. It's a pity that I had a bad experience. In fact, I did plan to ask them to do a simple bracelet for me. But because of what happened, I'm just... numb.

We went to several shops to look for our wedding rings. But I just don't have the drive. None of the rings are calling at me. Well, there's still time, right? Maybe, who knows, along the way, we'll find something we like. At the moment, I'm just less animated about rings.

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

kalu ko nk.. bley la aku suggest kedai kt kajang ni.. tokey kedai ni.. kwn mak aku la.. selalu kalu kira harga emas.. mmg x ambil upah.. just kira harga berapa gram * harga pasaran emas.. tp. emas.. 916 la.. kalu ko nk platinum.. x sure.. anything.. just let me know kalu ko interested.. be cool ok..

Anonymous said...

laaa kesiannya u... takpe, bitter experience just adds to the excitement. (not now though, just when you think back about it in future ;))

have fun re-hunting!

Memey Anuar said...

ala kesian kakak.
its ok :)
u'll find ur wedding ring soon.
sure ade tempat lain yg bleh buat jgk kan?

my fren penah tempah cincin kt poh kong rasanya.
nnt i tanya kan k :)