August 14, 2009

I'm Your Venus!!

Venus
by Bananarama

Goddess on the mountain top

Burning like a silver flame
The summit of beauty and love

And Venus was her name


She's got it

Yeah, baby, she's got it
I'm your Venus, I'm your fire
At your desire

Well, I'm your Venus,
I'm your fire
At your desire

Her weapons were her crystal eyes
Making every man a man

Black as the dark night she was

Got what no-one else had

Know the song? Love the song!

This was prompted by an article in The Women's Weekly (is that correct? the name I mean...) According to the article, the best waist-hip ratio (WHR) for women is 0.7. How do you get this? You divide the measurement of your waist with that of your hip. In the article, as well as in Wikipedia page, Venus was mentioned as having the perfect figure for a woman. She might have lost her hands people, but she still has it!

It prompted me to calculate MY own WHR. And guess what? It's 0.71! Hah! Need I say more? Move away skinny skin-and-bones women! I have the almost perfect combination! Hahaha...

A WHR of 0.7 for women and 0.9 for men have been shown to correlate strongly with general health and fertility. Women within the 0.7 range have optimal levels of estrogen and are less susceptible to major diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disorders and ovarian cancers. Men with WHRs around 0.9, similarly, have been shown to be more healthy and fertile with less prostate cancer and testicular cancer. [Wiki_Waist_Hip_Ratio]

So, to all my girlfriends who think they are bumpy or plumpy, go and calculate your WHR. If it's within the 0.7 range, smile widely and flaunt it, babes! Cause baby, you've got it!!

By the way, others in this same list are Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe et Sophia Loren. *Wink*

1 comment:

Sarclover said...

babe...

Thanks for the call... hehehe... It was so good to talk to you.. nasib baik I belum tido lagik...

And remember k.. if you need anyone I will be there for you to bitch to... :)... and I am all for your Nicole Scherzinger ambition babeh... Jai Ho!!!