March 17, 2006

I talk, you listen... or not?

I read postings/comments by bloggers which are saying women tell their problems or worries to men and expect the men to just listen.

Now, some women do this. I supposed.

NOT this woman.

When I share my problems, I expect some constructive inputs. I would like to hear suggestions on how the situation can be improved. Why in the world would I spend time talking without getting something out of it? Duhh...

Granted, there are times when I might be whining. Now, that is the time when I expect a listening ear. Because here, I most certainly need a shoulder to cry on. Someone, who if and when he talks, he's actually offering comfort.

Now, is that too much to ask?

How to know the difference?

When I want comfort, I'd be sitting on the couch. Get it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your expectations in a blogger world are ridiculous.Even in Wikipedia there are distorted material and non-truths and unsubstantiated material.There are wierdos and quacks in pseudonyms out there.People with the right frame of mind will look for solace and counsel from established experts, sometimes for a fee of course..others are voluntary. Befrienders, Dear Abby, or go to the Abbey/monastery itself. Otherwise there is always the old folks ..much much wiser than bloggers. By the way, no professional as governed by code of ethics and pecuniary interests will give away free advice, especially in a hideaway world such as this.

Anonymous said...

Why in heaven's name would you want to tell someone, some stranger or the whole world about your problemo?

But if u really wanna get rid of them, here are some option u may wanna take a shot at ;-)

1. Shout it on a highest hill
2. Tell it to the golden daffodils
3. tell it to a friendly star

Problems can be irritating and sort of a hangover at times but without them appearing unannounced at our door-step, how are we to learn of our 'hidden talents'.....

OK. Let me get my pencil & notebook while u make ur self comfortable on the couch. Shall we start by telling me everything about your childhood....

p.s. i always go for option 1.

D.N.A.S said...

Got problem? Let's go play futsal followed by 3 hours of karaoke after that.... hahahahahah.....
You have to go with me, because I know how to make people look at their problems from a different perspective, and eventually manage to get over it or solve the problems permanently. Heheh.

Anonymous said...

got the drift?..quacks and wierdos drive home the points made.Kah! Kah! Kah! Still wanna be on a couch ?

Hajar said...

anon: your sarcasm is astounding.. :-p

galing: shouting will help to solve the problem? i think it helps to release the bottled up feelings more, right?

tdna: i think futsal is really not my thing. but will take time to meet up with you soon

anon: yes. and yes. eh, you still here, regardless.

little devil: thanks. aquajade27@yahoo.com