September 2, 2011

Hari Raya

Day 3 of Syawal, we're still in Kuching. Little princess is down with flu... :-( She is sleeping now. Went to the clinic earlier just to confirm it is normal fever she's having.

The Hubby said that it is possible her separation anxiety has started. Because she cries everytime I leave the room. I could hardly listen to her sobbing. Breaks my heart. When The Hubby got back from Sydney, it took her some time to get use to her father. It's like she knew who he is, but wondered how he got out from the boxed screen (laptop).

The Baby can now sit up straight when we propped her up. She loves it so much. Probably makes her feel like grown ups around her. She crawls on her belly like ulat bulu. So cute!

Being a mom is tiring. So far it teaches me to be consistent, patient, perseverance, focus, empathy. Teaches me to learn to be firm while speaking softly. The books say that at this juncture, babies do not yet understand the word "no". But they understand hugs and kisses, and facial expressions. I learn to control my emotions so that my heartbeat is normal, eventhough I am desperate to get her to sleep. If I feel agitated, she will react to it, and bedtime will be even later.

Being a mom is tiring. But it teaches me lots of things. It's a lie when people say the tiredness just disappear when you look at your child. Hahaha... Fact is you still feel tired, you just feel entertained. Married women tell so many lies to their unmarried friends, with good intentions, I'm sure. Beauty sleep is now a distant memory and tired eyes are my new best friends. Thanks to eye cream and serum I manage to control them.

Looking forward to new adventure this life brings! My baby is turning 7 months in less than ten days. How time flies...

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: