March 29, 2011

Snippets

  • On confinement: My confinement period ended last Sunday. Relieved, now that I can be out and about again. Being indoors is nice and comfy, but too long it’s starting to making me crazy… (Egad! It rhymes!)
  • On spa holiday: It’s ending tomorrow. My last massage session with extra services; body scrub, flower bath, etc. As I see it, money well spent, insyaAllah. I feel healthier, fresher and more energetic. Alhamdulillah.
  • On Mr. Hubby being away: I can’t belief it’s only been nine days! It feels like weeks already! How could this be? We chat every day. On Skype every day. On the phone every other day. But, of course it’s not enough! Missing him terribly. Last night when Baby Hana was restless going to sleep (she slept at almost 1 am! Only to wake an hour later for her night time feeding…), I really felt his non-presence. Usually when Baby Hana refuses to go to bed, Mr. Hubby will be the one comforting her. It was exhausting, but such an experience. Makes you treasure your spouse more!
  • Yesterday, I went to JPN to replace my MyKad and collect Baby Hana’s birth certificate. Her birth cert was on-hold because my MyKad was in bad condition. Well, the part where my name and address are, that part of the sticker was torn. And it’s not of my doing! It’s because the card reader in JPN itself! And yet, I still had to pay RM10 for the replacement. :-p But I am not complaining, since Alhamdulillah, I managed to settle all things related to JPN within two hours! I am blessed for having helping hands around. By the way, I was surprised to see that birth cert these days are a huge A4 sized! Mine is one-third of that on landscape layout!
  • My Spectra3 breast pump performed very well up to three times of usage. After that, the suction became weaker, and weaker. I was really disheartened and discouraged by it that I did not manage to stock-up the freezer. So yesterday, after a week of considering and mulling over it, I went to FabulousMom (same place I got the Spectra3) in TTDI and purchased Medela Freestyle. Yes, it is far more expensive, but I refused to be disappointed the second time. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice… While I was there, a customer called to complain that her Ameda breast pump is failing. And Ameda is not a cheapo brand too! I like the fact that Freestyle has 2-phase expression, the soft silicon breast shield and easy-to-adjust suction level.
  • Mr. Hubby mistakenly took my 550D battery charger to Sydney. So yesterday too, I went and bought a third party charger. Got it for RM80 from the original price of RM200. The best part: It has in-car adapter and a warranty of one year! Yeay! Mr. Hubby said it’s a good buy!
  • I am going back to work in two weeks time. Can’t say that I’m looking forward to it. Well, I look forward getting back to work, but not to the same company. :-( In fact, I went to two interviews during my confinement. Didn’t get the first one because they are looking for a more senior person since they are setting up a new project office. As for the second, I’m still waiting for the news. Although I felt that I didn’t do very well because it was as if I was sitting for the PMP exam all over again! I hope I get it thought. But Allah SWT knows best, eh? So, if He says that it’s best for me, then I’ll get it, insyaAllah. If I don’t, I will not stop looking for a new place. Reason: the current place cannot give me career advancement because it will always be a support center and the job will always be the same. Sad, but true. So, if you know anywhere that needs a Project Manager, do let me know.
  • I DID get a job offer during my confinement. And it was with the company that I hoped to join since I was in the university. However, I had to turn the offer down because it is based in the Phillipines. Again, sad, but true. I guess Allah is giving me the chance to find out what I really want and need, so He send me options and let me muhasabah on my decisions and choices.
  • Overheard my parents talking today. My cousin who’s working with one of Malaysia’s leading newspaper was given ticket (for her and the husband) to perform Umrah. So lucky to be His guests! I hope The Hubby and I will get the opportunity too! InsyaAllah.

No comments: