August 17, 2010

More Food in Ramadhan

Yesterday, armed with two recipes from WaterLily’s blog again, I prepared Buttered Prawn and Agar2 Buih (Bubble Jelly). I learned to make the jelly long, long time ago, when I was still in school from the neighbour next door. The aunty always made this jelly and send some to our house. Most of the time, she sent satu talam! So, it was one of the desserts that our family love. Just so happened yesterday, I found the same jelly recipe in WaterLily’s blog. (I don’t know who she is, just stumbled first time when I was looking for the Portuguese Grill recipe… Thanks babe!!)

My egg floss did not really make it to flossy because I used less oil. But, it served its purposes… He he he….

You can go to her blog to get the recipes.

Making these two dishes on the same day is actually very beneficial. Why you may ask? Because, the jelly only uses egg white and the prawns only use egg yolk. So, you don’t have any leftovers! Wonderful, isn’t it?

The next dish that I made was mixed vegetables in oyster sauce. The vege that I chose yesterday was greenpea, brocolli, carrot, yellow bell pepper (capsicum) and some mixed beans. Very simply, fry crushed garlic in a tablespoon of cooking oil. Some oyster sauce, soy sauce, a little salt and a little water. Throw the vege in and stir. Cover for a minute. Then add some corn flour to thicken the gravy. Stir, stir, stir. And your mixed vege is ready!

Some pictures…

agar2

Bubble Jelly

mixedvege

Mixed Vege in Oyster Sauce

prawn

Buttered Prawn    

No comments: