April 17, 2006

An unofficial review

Adibah Noor. Versatile. That's how I would describe her in one word.

This is an overdue write up, by the way.

Have you owned her first album? If you haven't I suggest you speed your way to the nearest record store and get it before the stock ran out. If you do not know that she has an album, now you know quickly go and get one. If you go... "Adibah Noor? Who's that?" Talk to the hand.

Her album ranging from pop to joget to balad to jazz to rock. I especially love the remake of Ikan Di Laut Asam Di Darat. Wonderful touch. I suggest more Malay songs to have this jazzy tune, and let Adibah do her magic. By this I also mean NEW songs, not just remixing old stuff. I also like Kelabu. Simple, straight forward lyrics and catchy tune. And it kinda suit my feelings at this moment. It has the slow-mo and faster beat. Nice, nice, nice. Terlalu Istimewa is beautiful, goes without saying. One cynical song, Joget Hati Senang, this is a wake up call for most of us, I guess.

The album also has several minus one tracks. So, for someone like, ehem, yours truly, who enjoy 'screaming' in the car these tracks helps to create my very own version of video clips. Ha ha ha... I've been listening to the album again and again, and I don't think I'll stop anytime soon.

Worth every single sen. Go and get it now. Oh... a portion of it goes to charity anyway. So, be a good citizen today.

To Kak Adibah, I have always loved your voice, always wondered when you will have an album. Now that you do, I'm really glad.

3 comments:

D.N.A.S said...

Punyalah dah lama I recommend you to buy Kak Deeb punya CD ni, baru sekarang kau beli? Takpe, takpe... janji beli yang ori.
My favorite number would be 'Begitulah Asmara'.... I ni kan romantik orangnya.... surelah suka lagu cintan tergolek-golek punya... hahahahah

Hajar said...

hehe.. dah sebulan sebenarnya beli. sgt suka!!

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»