January 22, 2012

Road to MBA

I am adding a new tag to my blog. Initially I wanted to create a dedicated blog, but I decided against it just ten seconds later. I have a number of blogs to manage and update, and I’m already falling behind. Way behind. Therefore, I decided to just add another tag to this personal blog; “Road to MBA”.

Yes lovely people, I am now a student again. I decided to pursue an MBA degree for variety of reasons:

  • To get in depth understanding of the business world
  • To start speaking business lingo
  • To meet new people, exposing myself to variety of fields out there
  • To finally fulfil my dream of having a master degree – self satisfaction
  • To take the next step of achieving my goals

It was not an over night decision, really. And this decision requires perseverance and high commitment. I have worries, doubts and insecurities about this decision. But I’m going ahead with it. Because if I let the worries, doubts and insecurities rule me, I will still be at the same level, no change.

This decision requires perseverance and commitment not only from myself, but from The Hubby too. And most probably the Little Princess as well. Indirectly it’s affecting my parents and siblings, thus their understanding is needed. And if I let all these dependencies hold me back, I will never fulfil my desire and dreams. I pray that Allah SWT will make this journey easy for all of us. It’s two years, and I wish it to be a great one.

It’s a balancing act really; Self, Family, Work and Studies. I’ve got to make the time for every important aspect in my life. I know I will be able to achieve this, and my target is to get Distinction by the end of two years, always scoring higher than 70% in every assessment. Most importantly, I know I will be able to achieve all this, because I have the support and love, unconditionally from The Hubby. :-) Thank you Sayang!

I missed the induction that was scheduled last week. I’ll write all about it in another post, later. My first class will start in February, coincidentally, on the birthday of the Little Princess! Haih! I have collected all the study materials, text books and even received the RM200 voucher under the 1Malaysia Book Voucher scheme! So happy and thankful. Management and business books are not cheap!!

Well, I’m geared up for the haul. Got myself a study table, a comfy chair and a nice whiteboard with awesome markers and magnets to go with it. I have table calendar and planner in place. Owh… not to forget a bright table lamp to light the midnight oil. Wish me luck! Pray for my success!

mba

No comments: