December 15, 2005

For the love of chocoloate

Okay. This is one of my weaknesses. CHOCOLATE. My uncle, who's working for Lembaga Koko Malaysia, would have a list of rebuttle if you say that chocolate makes us fat. Anyway, they can say anything about chocolate, it will always be my favourite. Hmmm... chocolate also releases endorphines, the feel good hormone. So eat more chocolate everyone.

I know my handiwork (ehem) on the left is not so... artsy (is there such a word anyway? he he he) but those two were the outcome of the office visit to the 'bon bon' shop in September. Yes, when I was in Amsterdam. It was fun. Do you know white chocolate is actually called 'bad' chocolate? Because they do not have cocoa beans inside them. It's just butter and milk. So.. the white bon bon in the picture was mixed with red chilli and rosemary. The black bon bon was with orange skin.

I should tell you that urmm.. making chocolate is actually very, very sexy. But then again, it probably depends on who's doing the mixing. Ha ha ha... So anyway, I did the mixing for the white bon bon. Sliced the chillies and rosemary. It was really fun, the whole department was there, and we were standing around the rectangular table. Only two person were doing the mixing, the rest was looking. The real fun started when we start to fill up those little rubber cups with the liquid mixture. First, we were to put a thin layer as the base of our bon bon. It was then left to harden. Minutes after that, we put the mixture, say in this case the white chocolate with chilli and rosemary slices. That was left to harden again. Next, we put the toping. This one sealed the bon bon, becoming its base. Finally, we put the toppings.

And walla, you have your bon bon, ready to eat. Our bon bon was put into this lovely package, complete with a ribbon. The pink card, that's the recipe. Unfortunately it's written in Dutch, as such it became one of my collectible items. He he he...

So, my lovely, lovely people, all I'm saying is, chocolate is good for our health. In moderate amount of course. Anything taken more that it should is always not good. So, go on, get your chocolatey dose for today... I know I will.

No comments: