December 17, 2008

The Day After

Abah was transferred to CCU last night at around 10.30pm. The reason is because he had too many visitors during the day and the doctor wants to keep him under close observation. Mak and Alang stayed for the night. They had to sleep at the room designated for patients' family members because they dare not allowed to wait in Abah's room.

This morning as I started to drive away from the house, Alang drove in; with Mak beside him. I immediately stopped the car and went into the house with them.

Abah is doing much better. The pain is gone. And now he's resting because last night he could not sleep because of the pain. The nurse woke Mak up at 5am today telling her that Abah did not want the nurse to bathe him. He wanted Mak to do it. Mak said now Abah smells like a baby because of the sponge bath. :-) Abd ge's doing much, much better. Alhamdulillah.

I’m seriously not ready for this. It’s not because I have this delusion that my parents will live forever, it’s just that, I am really not ready for situation like this. All the while I was telling myself to calm down and think logically instead of emotionally. It worked through out the day except for when CapalPerak dropped by in the afternoon and when Abah was transferred to CCU. Listening to the machines beeping, seeing the wires and everything else… not to sound cliché but it just does something to you.

Thank you for all the well wishes. Please continue to make dua for him. Thank you, very, very much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jade,
Hope your dad will recover very soon, insya-allah.
Take care of ur self too.

D.N.A.S said...

Deja Vu sekejap. I was in your shoes about 13 years ago. I slept at the hospital for a few nights with my mom.
The recovery process will be long and it's going to be a trying time for everybody. Stay tough and stay cool. I'll pray for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Thanks.