May 10, 2005

On Moving on

I feel for Jennifer Aniston. Damn you Brad Pitt (aaahhh... my heart goes pitty pat remembering him in Meet Joe Black)!!

Have you ever pause and reflect, how fast men can move on? Or is it because they have moved on long before the woman let go that makes it look so easy on them? Lunch hour today, I was at the newstand. I saw this urrmm.. tabloid mag, a picture of a broken hearted Jen, and a trio playing at the beach namely Mr Pitt, Miss Jollie and her kid were at the front page.

Women, being the emotional creature that we are tend to hold on things longer than we're supposed to. I think. Is this a weakness or a strength? It can be both. I think. For it being the strength thus marriages and relationships last for so long. Or until death do us part. Don't believe me? Try asking any wives how many silent tears they shed alone. For it to be a weakness, that's make us humans.

It is a sad situation always in a relationship, when men can move on as if nothing happened, and the women are left to pick up the pieces. And not once being given the answer to the question 'why'. Oh.. do note that this is a generic post. It does not refer to anyone, or anything. I was just... reflecting. And thinking of Jen.

If you see a woman, who is able to move on as if nothing affect her, she's pretending. I have a friend who seem to be strong on the outside, but she's actually fragile in the inside. It's a defense mechanism. People around might say that I look happy today for I was smiling and laughing, but no one can know the storm brewing inside. Appearing strong is a way for us not wanting to get hurt again.

This post is bias, yes. For I am a woman. And I admit, I'm an emotional creature. Far from hating it or feel sorry because of it, I'm happy being one emotional woman creature. It's part of me. It's who I am. And it's what makes me a woman.

So, Jen, fret not with what happened. You can be sad. Give yourself time to heal and move on. But move on you will. And I believe there's always that person out there, named Man, who can actually appreciate the emotional creature that is in us. I am just a sucker for fairytales and happy endings. I'm just naive that way. Ask not for me to change.If magic doesn't happen in real life, then, there is no life.

Is it time to move on, then?

No comments: