April 28, 2010

Child On Board!

No, I am NOT pregnant.


I am referring to the bumper sticker people. You may notice as you drive lots of vehicles carry something similar to the above sticker. They publicly claim they have kids in their vehicles. As such, the stickers serve as a reminder for motorists to drive carefully and safely when the "stickered" vehicle is in vicinity.

However, have you also noticed how the drivers of these "stickered" vehicles drive? A lot of them conveniently forget that they have their vehicle "stickered" with the notification. I am sure they notice their kid(s) on the back seat. They just resume their "normal" driving style they use when the kid(s) is not on board.

It's unsettling. It's worrying. Are parents these days so full of themselves that they conveniently ignore the amanah that God has bestowed upon them. I hope when the time comes, I will not be one of them. This is not only for the children's safety, but also for their moral development. Kids are very observant. They see how we drive and how we act on the road. If they see us swerving in front of another vehicle, not giving indicator lights and running red lights, they will grow up thinking it is okay to break the rules or cause misery on other people on the road.

I, myself, has a long way to go to revert back to my calm self years ago. Those years, I was so calm on the road. I did not swear at all, even a small "sh*t". None. But after a couple of years feeling bullied, it changed. So now, I need to go back to the calm and well behaved Jade, because every word I utter will affect the kid. (No, I am not pregnant). So, I am grateful to The Almighty God, for giving me this kid-free time to readjust myself, which I hope will be a better me when bringing up a mini Jade.

So, let's all stand together and be a better driver. Not just for safety reason, but also for children with healthier mind and soul development. Shall we? 


No comments: