May 29, 2007

Movie Snippets

Since I'm fighting with sleepiness, the following are my take on the movies that I recently watched. In descending order...

Sumolah
Citer ni klako. Tapi sangat la banyak nyer message yang hendak disampaikan. Letih jugak la tengok. Seriously penat sebab digesting the underlying message. Besides that, punyer lah banyak nyer advertisement Celcom ngan Ogawa. Terpaksa lah kot since sponsors, eh? Anyway, nama-nama make-believe sushi restaurants yang diorang guna sungguh la menggeletek buah pinggang sehinggakan semalam bila Jade jalan kat MidValley terus tergelak sebab ada satu restoran sushi ni nama dia "OK Sushi". Seperti dibuat-buat pula... In fact, Afdlin's employer in the moview was named "Boleh Sushi". See the similarity? Hilarity aside, the people involved in the movie really did their research and worked hard to deliver well deserved awards.

Star: *** (sbb byk sgt iklan)

Pirates of the Caribbean 3

This third and final (sure or not?) installment has lesser humour. In this episode all questions will be answered as to who and why and how. Although the ending was far from expected, it will still make you laugh because Captain Jack Sparrow lost his ship again. Only this time, he held the trump card, so to speak. I might be spoiling your movie, if you have not watched it, by asking, can a man really wait for that one day on the land to have all the earthly pleasures after 10 years of abstaining? Oooohhh... I love the part where Poppet was in control. Oooooo... She's the Pirate King! Go girl power!! And you know, I was definitely wishing Elizabeth and Jack Sparrow would just be together! That would be a lovely fairytale ending. As for Calypso. I don't like how it ended for her. It seemed too lose. There should be some sort of a closure. Well, that's just me. (just a note, I had loved Johnny Depp since the days of "21 Jump Street"... Yes, I am that old. :-p)

Star: ***

Spiderman 3
Oooooo... Blackie Spidey. Tobey McGuire enthralled the audience (by audience I'm specifically referring to yours truly since I do not how others felt) by being the naughty and adventurous highly seductive Peter Parker. Meeeeoooowww! Somehow he managed to combine PP's bookish look with devilish delights. Although the dance moves were questioned and criticised badly in some media, I personally found it exhilarating. Maybe the fact that Jade don't really dance... (wink! wink!) At least, not that well, eh? Harry, Harry, Harry... From the first movie, I am pulled towards Harry. And he died!! Man!!! As for the lovely (?) MJ, hmmm... what's-her-name was a bit kayu. I don't know... I just couldn't reacted the way I'm supposed to towards the character. And her shrilling screaming, oh my gosh... I know she was supposed to show how scared she was but it. just. did. not. make me feel sorry for her. Ahh.. Kristen Dunst, sorry babe, you were just... mediocre. (did I spell her name correctly?)

Star: ****

Next movie: Shrek 3 (everything comes in three, eh?)



4 comments:

D.N.A.S said...

I hate MJ's character too. For Spiderman 4, lemme re-write her character, boleh tak?
I was hoping 'Harry' would appear in one of the Harry Potter movies. He just fit in the dark, handsome, naughty character lah.
I was seriously drooling watching him making omellette in Spidey 3. kekekekek.

Anonymous said...

Salaam Jade

i read somewhere that a local movie "Jangan Pandang Belakang" busted the Malaysian box office record when it collected more than RM6m. in ticket sales.Mmmmm....

Cant wait for Shrek 3. Last week i saw McD staff putting on a pair "green ears" manning the ice-cream counter. Funny yet sexy....remind me of those cute bunny girls ha ha

Hajar said...

dnas: there's something about man and standing in front of the stove with spatula in hand... hmm.. yummy...

galing: I didn't watch that movie... but I heard it was good.. :-D

Suraya said...

Damn. I owe myself 3 good movies, plus 1 coming up, Shrek. I soooo need to catch up with lotsa movies huwaaaa...