June 29, 2006

Of kuih and Wimbledon

I'm having trouble to upload pictures... My IE is crazy. The other day, I turned on the pop-up blocker, and then switched it off. Now, everytime I click on the picture icon to upload picture, the window just doesn't open properly. :-p Even Google mail is complaining that a pop blocker is on duty!

Anyway today I want to write about kuih bantal peluk. Or you would actually know them by the name kuih dadar or kuih ketayap. Now, that's what I don't understand. It doesn't look like ketayap at all! But it definitely looks like a bolster. Betul tak? But whatever you call it, I like them very much. I can eat one after another non-stop. Of course, I'll stop when it's finished or if I feel full. Really full. Yummy. I just had one of those this morning.

Have any of you watched Wimbledon? The movie. Not the game. It's a very sweet, straight forward movie. And I like it very much. I've never fancied blonde guys before but I kinda like the actor. I mentioned this to my soul sis, and she said, "That's Silas from Da Vincci Code lah.." and I went... "huh? ohh.. okay... patut la macam kenal..." Duhhh... I can be so blur. Well, the fact that I don't know his real name, Paul Bettany, just make it worse. No wonder he looked so familiar in Wimbledon. Anyway, I think he's a good actor. His characters just come out alive.

Yesterday, I went to a client's office with my sales manager. He was driving. Well, I don't know if he was trying to prove that his Vios is powerful and much better than a City or what, but he was speeding like nobody's business. He did mention much earlier that the car can easily reach top speed. And he also said that he is used to drive at 120km/h. Kinda bragging a bit too. And he was cilok-ing like a race car driver too. I tried very hard not to clam my feet. And in fact managed an insouciant attitude. That just made him sped more I guess. Duhh... I was glad when he let me down at the main entrance of the office building. I felt like kissing the ground and actually thank God that I was still in one piece.

See, I like speed. When I'm driving. And if I'm not driving, when I know the driver really well and am confident with the way the person drives. I've never really talked with my sales manager before and this is the first time I was driven by him. If I looked a bit pale yesterday, no one can blame me. It did feel as if I was on a roller coaster, minus the rolling. Thank God for that.

UPDATE 6/7/2006 : managed to upload the picture... hehehe..

6 comments:

vedd said...

Well, you could try uploading to another site and then linking it back to your blog.. I use www.flickr.com since there is no limit in storage only that you are allowed to upload 20mb per month - fair deal :)

Haven't seen Da Vinci's code, heck I even have not seen V for Vendetta hehe.. must do some catching up :)

*you make me feel like eating putu piring* hehe

-v-

UglyButAdorable said...

that wimbledon movie is the one with kirsten dunst in it oso kan?? oohh..yes ader tgk kat astro the other day.

talk about show off...today that mamat with the spelling problem tu puji diri sendri bukan main lagii..nak muntah!!! so full of himself..

Hajar said...

vedd: i could, but i prefer not to... hehe..

UBAdorable: yup.. kirsten dunst. tu nama nyer masuk locker kunci sendiri! hehe..

D.N.A.S said...

Aiya Jade,
tell your sales manager, I usually drive my Jazz 150-160 Km/h ... pegang steering sebelah tangan aje... Hahahahah. Kalau dia nak race, jom lah race ngan I. Sama2 kereta engine 1.5, kira same category lah tu.

gravtkills said...

i hv seen the movie on HBO...quite sweet...Paul was also in The Beautiful Mind with Russell Crowe

Hajar said...

btb: ada! ada! help! ada dua... tiga kot..

dnas: hehe...

gravt: yeah.. so i was told.. :-)